3. 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐧

Start from the beginning

They shared a look before Carl's mom spoke up. "That's nice, sweetheart but you really don't have to-"

"I want too." She cut her off. "Please." At this point she was practically begging them. Any normal kid would've done anything to avoid doing chores.

Lucy never had to do any chores. Instead she was locked up in her room all day, ordered to do nothing but sit around and be quiet. If she didn't obey, if she tried to sneak out, if she made too much noise , she'd be waking up with fresh bruises the next day.

She'd much rather do chores than spend another minute in her room. Of course now, she wasn't at home. She wasn't in her room. She wasn't with her dad. And even though all those things were long gone, it felt like she was back into that nightmare. Like her dad was still lurking in the shadows.

The guy, Shane, reminded her of him. He looked at her the same way her father used to. With disgust. He had the same cold eyes, the same disgusted look.

Lucy always felt so stupid for getting triggered by things like that, small, dumb things. Like someone giving you a dirty look, someone yelling, stuff like that. Even though he's dead, it was still like her dad was always near her. He was always in her head. Always.

The two older women noticed her discomfort as one of them placed a hand on her shoulder. The feeling of Maggie's hand snapped her out of her thoughts 

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm-" She took a deep breath. "I'm fine."

They didn't seem convinced but continued nontheless.

"You can start putting down the plates." Carl's mom suggested to which Lucy only nodded.

She did as she was told and put the plates on the table. The talking stopped, the only noise of people talking being in the living room. The mood completely changed. Or maybe that was just Lucy. She was too busy sulking to think about.

"You never told us your name." The long haired brunette stated, making Lucy look up from the plates in her hands.

"It's Lucy. Lucy Finch."

She nodded before introducing herself. "I'm Lori, this is Maggie."

Well, atleast she doesn't have to keep calling her Carl's mom anymore.

"So" Lori started. "How come you're with Sophia? Where are your parents?"

Lucy thought it was pretty obvious where they were. When you see a child in an apocalypse without parents, they were most likely dead. Or maybe she asked the question because every kid on the farm still had their parents. Except for Lucy.

"She got attacked by a biter, I couldn't just leave her." She explained, ignoring the question about her parents.

"You killed a walker?" Maggie frowned, as if she wasn't completely sure a thirteen year old was able too. Fair enough. "All by yourself?"

"I didn't kill it. " She explained. "I lead it away."

Technically it was the truth, she did lead that biter away but that wasn't the only one they've come acrose. So to answer Maggie's question, yes, she killed a 'walker' all by herself but she almost died doing so. She would be dead if it weren't for Daryl.

Maggie and Lori shared another look. Maybe they didn't believe her. Maybe they didn't believe the fact that she survived on her own, that she killed walkers, that she saved  Sophia. Lucy's been on the road ever since this whole thing started. She's seen a lot, she's been through a lot and she's lost a lot.

"Sweetie, how old are you?"

"Thirteen."

"Thirteen." Lori repeated as she let out a dry chuckle. "And you've been alone this entire time?"