Chapter 6: Backed into a Corner, Discarding Humanity!

Damian POV

By the time we'd returned to the Joestar mansion, the sky was dark once more, this time though with grey clouds that poured rain down around us. Inside we'd hoped to find the usual warm light we'd come to expect however all there was was a continuation of that same darkness.

Dio wasted no time asking "What's the matter? Why is it dark in here?" The only response that was heard was the sound of a match being lit, turning to the source of the noise we were confronted by Jonathan, an angered expression on his face. What he said next made my blood run cold.

"I have proof of your devilish plot. Dio! Damian!"

He put emphasis on both our names causing our eyes to widen. We soon both glared at him as lightning flashed across the sky, briefly lighting up the room. He'd caught us?! But HOW?! How had he survived Ogre Street?! I had questions but no time to ask them.

One thing was certain, we wouldn't run. Not NOW! Both me and Dio slowly approached a table and sat at it, Jonathan placed the candles in front of us and explained "I just found the antidote. Dad just took it."

There was a pause. "Dio, Damian. I'm heartbroken. We were raised as brothers." Looking at me in particular, he said "Damian, when I was at my lowest point. You were there for me, you were my friend. But now, I see your true colours. I have to turn you both in."

Me and Dio both kept our composure as Jonathan continued "You might not believe that. But I mean it." Dio spoke first, saying "That compassion is very like you." He looked down and I could tell his angle. Take advantage of him for pity.

"JoJo. This is selfish, but I have a final favour to ask." He looked up and spoke in a voice dripping with false sadness. Anyone would notice, except Jonathan, that's just how naïve he was! "Please, give us time. Time to turn ourselves in!" 

I joined in, blurting out "We regret our lives until now! Being poor as children made us greedy!" Back to Dio and he pleaded "What we did was wrong! We tried to poison and rob the man who raised us! We came back to turn ourselves in! If I wanted to run, we could have gone anywhere!" I nodded frantically.

"Please JoJo." I pretended to beg "I tricked you and I feel disgusted because of it. We BOTH do! That's why we came back!" Jonathan seemed genuinely caught off guard by this, I heard him mumble. "That's true..."

Dio finally begged "We want to make amends!" Jonathan actually seemed to take it in, again quietly muttering "Dio, Damian..." He stepped forward, walking right into our hands before an unfamiliar voice spoke up. 

"Careful Jonathan. Don't trust a word those snakes say." Once more, a match was lit, revealing a man I'd never seen before with long blonde hair, a suit and a hat. He swipes the match out and stepped into the light properly. "Who am I you ask? Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Robert E.O. Speedwagon, the meddler."

Image of Robert E.O. Speedwagon:

 Speedwagon: