Vol. 3/ Chapter 2- Assets of the state [part 2]

Start from the beginning

“Dr, your orders?”

“Just in time, Elizabeth. We're still assessing the situation as to not anger her.” Kal'tsit said, referring to the ashen haired Sarkaz.

Elizabeth glanced towards the room and stared at the Sarkaz holding Closure as hostage. She was standing in the middle of the ward with her menacingly looking sword aimed at Closure's neck, who was kneeling on the ground with her hands tied with a ripped cloth.

“Hey, Closure isn't hurt now is she?” The feline asked Scout, who was busy calibrating the scope of his sniper crossbow.

“As far as the footage goes, that Sarkaz gal just gave her a not-so-nice handchop to the head when Closure tried to fight back.”

“Hmph, guess we're in the bargaining side now.” Elizabeth sighs and turns towards Kal'tsit.

“By the way, where's Doctor (Y/n)? Wasn't he notified by this incident?” she asks, mortified that the man who ordered their operation was nowhere to be found when the target was making a fuss in the ark.

“He should be here any moment now. Theresa was... adamant that she wants to talk to that girl, and so (Y/n) fetched her.” The lynx lady responded with a sigh, probably annoyed that they have to go through this whole ordeal.

Soon, they heard quiet murmurs from normal Sarkaz mercenaries that were amongst the crowd.

Elizabeth and Kal'tsit simultaneously turned towards the direction of the hallway leading to the elevator.

As soon as the doors opened, the appearance of the very woman that leads Babel makes the others go silent.

She was the one who is fighting for Kazdel's unification, a noble goal to unite all Sarkaz. And she was just walking alongside commoners.

The Sarkaz king, Theresa, was here.

And walking a couple of steps behind her was none other than (Y/n), here to mediate the situation.

.

.

.

_____

Alpha's P.O.V

The bright lights of this medical facility annoyed me to the core. It's like I'm in a filming set of ‘breaking in’, a pre golden age era movie that I used to watch when I'm bored.

(A/n: Yes, it's a breaking bad reference, though the casts are probably black, hence the title.)

I made an audible click of my tongue, making the shaking vampire-like lady kneeling beside me look up with a hint of fear in her eyes.

I gave her a look that probably, in her eyes, said ‘don't do anything stupid’, since she inhaled sharply after our eyes met.

After I took her as a literal bargaining chip, i tied her hands using a torn cloth from a spare hospital gown, which was just scattered all over the place.

An hour has almost gone by after my attempted escape. Who would blame me though, waking up in an unfamiliar place surrounded by armed men and strange doctors.

Yet here I am, standing in the middle of the room like the mad woman I am, surrounded by a bunch of amateur looking mercenaries.

They were rugged looking, I'll give them that. Although they have the same black jackets adorned with blue stripes on the sleeves and the distinct tower logo, their clothes varied altogether.

Some, on the female side, wore skirts and leggings, which made me cringe a bit since it's not a practical gear for combat, even though I, too, am wearing the same pattern of clothing as them.