Assumptions - Jinpachi Ego

Requested by @inkysushi8. Hope you like it!
It is fluff I swear.

 Hope you like it! It is fluff I swear

-Best song for Ego istg.

You were on your way to office, well if office meant your somewhat "boss's" room. Your boss was none other than the infamous Jinpachi Ego. Borderline psycopath weirdo but an absolute wonderful mind especially when it came to football. You didn't exactly apply for the job- you were scouted. You are a well known sports commentator and also used to coached the national football team before you decided to take it easy and shifted to commentary.

One sudden day you get a message from your, you could say friend maybe? Ego. Saying that he needed your help with Blue lock a project to change Japanese football. You had heard from him about it and were surprised for him to ask for you. The only reason you took the job was because you liked the new challenge and Ego has always piqued your interest a bit. His eccentric personality and smart and calculating mind intrigued you. You always did like smart people.

Your job was pretty much just sitting alongside him and analysing the players. You were also the one with connections so inviting international players was also your job. It was peaceful yet seeing the hidden egoist and raw talent in the boys made you feel motivational and kept you both busy. You really didn't know why he insisted for you to join when he could've managed all this alone.

It had been a week since you started working with him and you always found yourself running into a gentle looking woman called Anri. She was supposed to be a manager you think but most of the work she did would make you think she was Ego's wife. She'd cook and clean and even nagged him about his habits. You just assumed that they were obviously dating which didn't exactly make you happy.

Looking at them bickering just gave you an uncomfortable feeling in your chest and a sadness you couldn't quite understand. You had soon become friends with Anri too and honestly she was a very nice person. You got along well and you could easily complain about Ego together, plus she cooked good food. Yet you couldn't help but find yourself distancing yourself to her a bit.

As you left for work today you get a message from Anri:

From: Anri- bllk manager?
Hey Y/n
Just wanted to let you know that I quitted the job yesterday.
Hope we can still be in touch. I enjoyed your company.
I'm done with him once and for all.

You weren't that surprised since you had noticed her complaining a lot yesterday. It seemed like they had a fight. You didn't ask much as you didn't want to dig into their private life.. plus you really didn't want to hear about it either. You quickly send her a message and get moving. You knew that Ego isn't the type to care much but a break up would be tough on anyone, so you decide to buy him his favourite cup noodles.

Entering the office you see him sitting in front of his huge screen looking quite unbothered. You go ahead and take a seat next to him as you hand him the cup noodles to see his face light up "Awww, is this for me? How sweet." He says with a voice laced with sarcasm and something else you don't really recognise.

"So.. I heard from Anri- How are you?" You say trying not to sound to pitiful as he looks at you sighing.
"Yeah.. she left after all. I mean I didn't expect much from her. She wasn't even all that good at her job and kept nagging at me all the time."
This genuinely surprised you a bit. Sure he cared about her didn't he? That's quite rude but I guess it had been just a day so.

"Plus, I've met better. I'll have to find a replacement now.. or maybe you could help?" He says as he smirks at you removing his glasses.

You feel a certain temper rise as you notice the way he talks about her. And what did he mean he's met better? Was he a player now?? And a replacement..? How dare he treat her like an object, and even asking you in this shameless way. You felt heat rise to your face and your blood pressure rise as you snapped at him.

"How dare you treat her like that? And ask me nonetheless..? Have you got no shame Jinpachi Ego. Here I thought you were a respectful and somewhat nice gentleman. You rude bitch." You go off at him as you rise from your seat as he suddenly grabs your arm.

"What do you mean- Why are you so mad??? Even you knew she wasn't fit for it, cmon." He says as you stare at him in disbelief. "You'd do a lot better of a job. Plus if she didn't quit I might've fired her going forward."

Sudden realisation dawns on you.. "Wait. Weren't you both dating..?" You ask as you look at Ego's face contort in disgust and then he begins to laugh.

"What are you even talking about Y/n- I- Pfffft. With Anri? She was just a co-worker. Can't believe you thought that. So much for being smarter than me. Is that why you got me cup noodles today? And to think you finally realised."

You feel like a huge boulder had just been lifted from your heart as you feel like disintegrating in shame.
"Yeah- I really thought you both broke up yesterday. Uh- sorry for snapping at you.. And I am still smarter." You say as you sit back down again with embarrassment colouring your face. "And what did you mean realise?"

Ego just smiles slowly as he continues with a chuckle "That there's only one woman I'd see fit to be alongside me."
So there was a woman.. Bet it was someone so unrealistic and incomparable knowing his standards. That did tick you off a bit as you just gave him a slight glare.

"What. Are you mad at me now? Come on. Is your stupid misconception the reason you've been ignoring my advances?" What. The aura in the room suddenly becomes serious again as Ego turns towards you placing a hand on yours.

"Huh..??" You blurt out in confusion.

"Come on Y/n. How dense are you- Why do you think I asked you to help me with this job in the first place? We both know I could've easily handled this alone. I've been asking you to stay along me the whole time and even the reason Anri got mad at me was because I would ask her to clean the room so that you wouldn't find me that sloppy."
You couldn't help feeling bashful at his comments as you just sat there listening to him like a lost dog. Ego takes on his usual "oh I'm so great" and sly personality again as he continues

"I know you at least like me a little bit? Well I'd like to believe that. Plus you're one of the smartest and only tolerable people I've met. Having you with me wouldn't be so bad y'know." Then you can see him sweat as he is nervous.

"I uh. Also promise to pull myself together and be more organised at least to make it work. So waddya say? A pretty great deal right..? I mean you could always say no.. it's fine." He says as he looks away but you do notice the tint of red his ears have taken.

"Well.. if you beg like this. I don't think I can say no." You say as you feel yourself blush now but also a triumphant feeling envelopes you. He faces again towards you grinning.

"Now be honest. Anri made you jealous right?" He asks as he is back to his annoying usual self boasting about his qualities.

"Fuck you Ego." "Sure." Is the only reply you get as you both get to work feeling closer to each other.

Going to work might be tiresome but the one making it tiresome was worth it.

Honestly, I don't even know what I wrote but Ehe. I couldn't think of anything else with Ego I'm sorry 😭.
And no hate to Anri- she's second best girl after Chigiri.