Story of Sage Willow

Outerbanks

Outerbanks

The temperature in the outer banks was hot and the lucky kooks had aircons on figure 8.
It was the 3rd week of summer break and Big John had went missing around when Sage first met the pouges.
The Sheriff presumed Big John dead at sea but John B hasn't given up yet he still believes he's dad is out there somewhere stranded on the island living off coconuts and trying to find his way back home to him John B hopes. Before summer break Sage hanged around with the pouges a lot at school she wasn't very smart with school but the pouges gave Sage a reason to get out of bed everyday. Over the past few months of knowing the pouges Sage and JJ got really close they had many things in common mostly weed of course besides their shitty fathers. JJ knew something was off with Sage and her father he had he's predictions but never said anything to her because he knew it was a hurtful topic and he never wants to hurt her, her mood changed when one of the other pogues brought up the topic about family jj had noticed a lot and why she wears so many bracelets, JJ and Sage were best friends Sage wanted something more but she knew she wasn't enough for him he deserved better she thought anyways she always saw how jj looked at kie. Kie and Sage was close but not close enough to be best friends Kie still liked Sage but she knew Sage was hiding something that Kie wanted to know, Kie never asked her about it because she liked her and Sages friendship, Sage was jealous of kie she had everything perfect body, perfect family, the perfect life.
John B loved Sage not in a romantic way more of a platonic way, Sage thought the same Sage always wanted a brother and now she has one, they loved each other in a platonic way of course.
Pope loved Sage because she was into Astronomy he loved the idea of teaching Sage about stars and the planets he loved that finally someone in the group that Pope could talk about the topic. Pope reminded Sage of her mother smart into Science & Astronomy she liked the idea of that it's like her mother was brought back to life but of course it wasn't real. That's the pogues as much as Sage hated the name but it's true she was one of them the pogues knew that but sage knew it too but didn't really care what they called her she was still a nobody to herself.

Sage always felt guilty of her mothers death her mum overdosed, Sage always thought it was her fault maybe if she tried harder to be a better daughter she would of helped her mum instead of standing there in shock watching her mum lying dead on the cold floor maybe she could of brought her back to life if she didn't just stand there but it wasn't enough. Sage wasn't enough. Sages mother wasn't always on the drugs she had her memories before they always was talking about the Beautiful stars and heaps of other things like a daughter and mother would, then the other times where they hated earth other.
Sage didn't like the topic of family or even the word of it because it always brought back bad memories ones with her mother and her father. Sage wasn't a open person she knew that she had to make sure that she doesn't let nobody in or they will get hurt so she shuts that part of her life out & she shuts herself out. Sage did struggle with a eating disorder even if it was making herself throw up or starving herself she didn't care about her health or herself.
Sage liked the idea of putting herself through physical pain she didn't complain when her dad hit her because she felt like she deserved it. But sometimes it went too far he almost strangled her to death, her struggling to breathe it's like her head was exploding but that silent moment when u can't breathe it was like a relief every thought in her head was just silent for a split second.
Than it would all come back to her like all at once it
was like a wave crashing back to her. Until one time when she had a anxiety attack she needed something to calm herself down she wanted it to be over so she rushed over to her school bag and grabbed her pencil case, broke her sharper it took her a while but she got it than she painted red on a ugly canvas. Sage knew it was wrong to hurt herself but it felt right that's how she ended up with scars on her wrist and her shoulder she would hide the scars on her wrist with bracelets because nobody was suspect it be weird wearing bracelets in the outer banks, Sage didn't really care about the scars on her shoulder because they were fading and nobody would notice anyway. It would always be a slight relief that her scars were fading.
She loved it but she hated it at the same time. That's the story of Sage Willow

Author- Hey guys thank you so much for reading this tell me what you think of sages back story and her friendship with the pouges. I want u guys to understand more of her back story and why the way she is. So it's more understanding in the next chapters. Poor sage she has been through hell mind my spelling mistakes and my grammar errors if I spelled anything wrong please tell me and please give me ideas 🫶🏼 don't forgot about vote and please comment it makes me happy thank you all.
See you soon <3

Follow my tik Tok for edits of this book
-woodswp