Russell chuckled, nodding with a smile. "You guys have fun with that. I'm gonna-"

"You should join us!" Steve blurted, mentally scolding himself for inviting the pretty girl to help him pick out flowers for his girlfriend.

"Oh. . .That's okay. I wouldn't want to be a bother." She frowned.

"Bother? Who the hell made you think that, Ru?" Rylie snickered, "Remember what I told you last time you said that?"

Russell laughed, "That I'd be an honored guest?"

"Exactly! Right, Stevie?" The blonde looked up to her best friend who was still staring at Russell's face, his eyes moving quickly back to her the moment she opened her mouth.

"Huh- Oh, yeah. Exactly, guest of honor." He nodded a big smile on his face.

"If you're sure."

"Of course we are." Rylie smiled, hooking her arm with the brunette's and dragging both her and Steve toward the flower shop. "You're gonna be a huge help, you just look like boys give you a lot of flowers."

"Yeah. . .I look like a lot of things." She glanced over at Steve. "But no, I've never been given a flower."

Steve was taken aback, looking at the girl with confusion. "Never?"

"Nope." Russell shook her head.

"Not even from a boyfriend?"

"What makes you think I've had a boyfriend, Steve?"

"Oh- Uh- I- I- Uhm- I just-" He stammered making the brunette laugh.

"Come on, let's go pick these flowers." Russell walked off, leaving the two best friends.

"What the hell was that?" Rylie nudged Steve with a knowing smirk.

"Nothing. . .it was nothing. Come on." He followed after Russell who was staring at a bouquet of daisies. "So those ones?"

Russell looked at him like he was stupid. "No. I mean, maybe. They do symbolize new beginnings. But that's not what you want with Nancy, is it?"

"Uh- Not exactly." He scratched the back of his neck.

"I didn't think so." Russell lead Steve over to another table. "Peonies, sunflowers, or tulips all symbolize happiness and romance. But what you're probably looking for is red roses. They symbolize love. Plus, most girls find them the prettiest." The brunette pointed to each of the flowers as she named them off.

"Do you?" Steve asked, facing down at the girl.

"Do I. . .what?"

"Think red roses are the prettiest?"

"No, I do not."

"Then which flowers are your favorites, Ru?"

"Out of roses?" She thought it over for a second. "Either coral or lavender. But dahlias are my favorites." Russell was looking through the flowers, trying to find the perfect bouquet of roses for Nancy.

"And what do those ones stand for?"

Russell smiled, biting at the corner of her lip. "Coral roses are for desire. Lavender roses are for love at first sight or enchantment. And dahlias stand for many different things."

"What types of things?" Steve asked, following the brunette around like a lost puppy.

"Devotion. . .love. . .beauty, and. . .dignity."