2: Morning stories

That next thing I remembered was that my mom inside my room, telling me to finish unpacking.

"This is the 3rd time we moved. You know how much I hate moving." I whine as I stand up and started unpacking the last box of books to my new room. "I'm sorry, Verona." Mom closes the door, leaving me to unpack. I flop down my bed, not minding the books that was scattered on top of it. I scanned my new room. It's not that bad. My room was painted in blood red just the way I want it. I took out my phone to see if there was any message from my friends but there was only one. It was from Germaine. "ELEANOR VERONA TORRES I TOLD YOU TO TEXT ME EVERYDAY!" I say aloud, copying the voice of Germaine. Germaine is my best friend. We used to be inseparable until my dad got appointed to the freaking Republic of Korea.

I walked out of my room, decided that I should at least explore my new city that I will be calling home for an indefinite time period. "I'm leaving." I screamed, walking towards the door. "And where are you going?" My dad, the Philippine Ambassador to Republic of Korea, said as he emerged from the dining hall. "Just to explore the neighbourhood." I walked towards him and kissed him on the cheek, a little something to let me go out. "But it's 8 in the morning. You can explore any time after." He replied. "Alright." I agreed. "Alright but ask Gabe to go with you." Gabe was the son of the best friend of my dad and his dad also happens to be a consul. My dad always had Gabe's dad as plus one every time he gets assigned to a new country. "Thanks, dad!" I say as we walk together to the dining hall.

My family and Gabe's were all eating on the table. I sat between Venice and Gabe. "Hey! Dad said I could only go out if you come with me." I said to Gabe. He's basically my best friend every time we get assigned to another country but when we come back to Philippines, he's my second best friend. "And is that you, asking me to come with you? Because it sounds more of a command than a request." He says. "It is. You'll go with me anyway." I elbowed his ribs playfully, he laughs.

"Where did you go last night?" Venice whispered.

We tell each other everything so we also help each other whenever one needs a cover-up. "At the elite club I was talking to you about. The one where you can only go if you have connections." She nods as a sign that she understood.

"A guy kissed me." She almost spat out her food.

"What?!" She asked a little too loud our parents looked at us.

I chuckle awkwardly. "She just couldn't believe the news that Andrew Garfield and Emily Stone are back together." I studied their faces to see if they bought it. "Please proceed to your lovely breakfast."

"Who? Did you just meet him there?" She asked.

"His name is Jongin and yeah we just met last night." I smile, trying to remember his face.

"Jongin? As in Kim Jongin?" She asked back, raising her voice.

I shushed her. "Keep it down or else we'll get in trouble. Yeah... I think he's name was Kim Jongin. How'd you know?"

"Because my favourite kpop group, Exo, has a member named Kim Jongin. OMO! What if it's him?" Venice sounded excited.

"Oh yeah, they have Kim Jongin in their group but my guy last night... I don't think he's celebrity material." Screw it, I think he is.

"You mean he doesn't look good?"

"I mean he doesn't seem to have the aura of someone famous last night."

"Let me show you a photo of Exo's Kim Jongin and tell me if it's him." Venice reached for her phone inside her pocket.

Before she could show me, my dad cleared his throat. We all looked at him. "In a week, Friday to be exact, I'll be presenting my credentials to the President of ROK and there will be a dinner hosted by the president in the blue house. It is protocol that I go there with my wife but she can't come because she also has a charity event that day. I'd asked if it was possible to bring my eldest daughter and..." Dad looks at me. "If it's okay with you, I'd like you to go with me. I have confidence in you and believe that you'd be the perfect person to go with me since your mom couldn't." He states. I nod, "Of course, I'll go with you dad." I say, flashing him a smile. "Thank you. I knew I can count on you." He says as he continues to eat his breakfast.