"You can tell me anything, I don't judge" 

"My father blew up one of her warehouses and threatened to destroy everything that she's built" Alex froze for a second. 

"Whoa" Was all he said. He was just as shocked as I was. 

"But why? Your father was very fond of her until she was kidnapped." It was true. But another fact is that she had changed. The girl that he had grown fond of was no longer her and he had grown to dislike the new person that she had become. It wasn't her fault though.

Either way, she was being punished for the way that she was conditioned to be in a short amount of time. Whatever she did, she did it to survive. And for that I admire her. She is one of the strongest women that I've met. 

"That's why I'm so confused, what changed?" 

"She did man," He said the words I'd been dreading were true "She's not the same person she was a few years ago when you two were sick in love" 

"I understand that but why does he have to go and hurt people to prove his point?" That was the side of my father that I didn't like. Innocent lives were always taken when he had something to prove or when things didn't go his way. Unnecessary damage is being done. 

"When was the last time you spoke to him?" I honestly didn't know. 

"Quite a while" It was all because of a heated argument that rapidly went from 0 to 100. I discovered his true colors. He was selfish, shallow, and I'm disappointed to even be his son. But I still showed him respect. That was the way I was raised. Treat elders with respect. But every day it gets harder. 

"Maybe you should call him" Alex suggests while shrugging "What's the worst that could happen?" 

"A lot, Alex, a shit ton could go wrong with just one phone call" I respond will my phone in my hand regardless. I searched for his contact. 

"I'll give you some privacy" I watched him leave out the door with a proud look on his face. He knew his advice was good. Let's just hope this works out. 

I called my dad's office first, I knew he'd be there.       

"Vaughn Enterprises, This is Beatrice. How can I assist you today?"  My dad's assistant answered, Beatrice had been working with my father for years and even watched me grow up.  

"Hello Beatrice, This is Roman." 

"Oh! Hello Roman, I'll let your father know you're on the line" She cheerfully spoke. 

I waited anxiously and even debated hanging up the phone before a deep and exhausted voice spoke into the phone. 

"Son." That was all he said. 

"Father, I have some matters to discuss with you. Do you have a moment?" 

"I'm quite busy but I can spare a few minutes. I know what this is about. I knew she'd share the information soon enough" 

"So why? Why did you do it?"

"She's not good for you son. She'll only bring you trouble. And this seems like the only thing that your mother and I can agree on."

"I'm a grown man. I don't need you to decide what is good for me. I can take care of myself. I have for years!" I shouted into the phone bursting from my office chair. 

"I gave you an entire empire, I won't let some woman bring it down and you with it"

"She's not like that. You just won't give her a chance. She's more powerful than you think." I paced around the room stressed. 

"Believe what you want. I already made my decision." 

I heard a door creak open on the other side of the line and my eyebrows furrowed, "Dad? Are you still there?" 

"That's not the only reason." He answered "I have other motives for my actions son, in fact, I have it right in front of me"

I heard a bit of silence until a soft voice spoke into the phone, "Roman?" 

Amelia. 

It has been one long minute, huh? A short hiatus turned into a huge break until I got a message from Wattpad that basically said "Update or no exposure"

It has been one long minute, huh? A short hiatus turned into a huge break until I got a message from Wattpad that basically said "Update or no exposure". But in all honesty, I missed writing and I missed all my loyal readers who have made it this far. 

  I also want to apologize for not updating as often. Life has gotten pretty hectic and I find no motivation to keep writing. But I will. I enjoy writing. That being said I will try my very best to be consistent with writing.  

Love, M.