Chapter 26

Glimpse Of Us

Glimpse Of Us

MY MOOD ELEVATED with the simple way in which she'd laugh. She eliminated any worry or pain I felt filling in the dark spaces with nothing but joy. 

"That's so funny, Papa!" Karah yelled out as she tugged on my shirt. A wide grin appeared on her face as I picked her up. 

"Tell me another joke" She demanded now with a straight face. 

"Okay, my love. How do you fix a broken pumpkin?" She put on her thinking face and thought about it. 

"I don't know?!" She smiled waiting for me to answer. 

"With a pumpkin patch!" Her laugh filled my ears as she giggled uncontrollably at my horrible joke. 

"One more!" Karah pleaded. 

"Oh please no more, they're so horrible it hurts" Alex entered the living room and plopped on the couch.      

"Don't be mean to my papa, Uncle Alex!" Karah crossed her arms and pouted making Alex's eyes soften toward her. 

"I'm sorry" He whispered and Karah smiled and hugged him. 

"It's ok!" She replied. 

But the moment was short-lived as Nayomi entered the room and Alex discreetly jumped up and ran over to her like a little boy who'd just been introduced to candy. But I couldn't insult that much, I admit I was almost just like him but with someone of my own. 

"Papa?" Sage called as he walked into the living room dragging my own obsession next to him. He looked up at the beauty and she nodded at him. His face lit up and he faced me again.  

"Can we go outside to play on the swings?" He whispered and my face was decked in a huge grin. 

"You want to go play on the swings with me, Figlio?" He nodded and held out his other hand for me to take. 

"Can I go to!?" Karah jumped up and grabbed ahold of Snow's other hand who beamed at me like another small child. 

"Pleaseeee" They all pleaded in unison as I immediately gave in and went toward the patio where they instantly ran toward the wooden jungle gym that'd been built for them not that long ago. 

"Miss! Can you please push me?" Sage asked kindly toward Snow. 

"Ofcourse, and please don't call me Miss. Call me Snow" She showed him that beautiful smile of hers and I admired it from afar. Her kindness could always impact beyond the person it's directed to.  

"Oh! Like the color of your hair?" He questioned and I could tell her was getting more comfortable around her as he started speaking normally when he'd normally stutter around people who made him nervous. 

"Papa! Stop staring at the pretty lady and push me!" Karah yelled out looking at me with her signature angry eyes.

Snow laughed loudly and Sage did too as she pushed him making airplane sounds every time.