The skeletons in my closet

It's August 27th and that only means one thing...school is tomorrow. It's been over a month since Miles moved in and his parents still haven't reached out. I can tell it has been weighing on him. Other than that things have been bliss, my parents love him and I think I'm starting to as well. I know what you may be thinking and the answer is no, we haven't said it yet. With the stress of everything around us, it just doesn't feel right, but hopefully, I can change that soon. I get dressed in a flowy floral skirt and a fitted white tank top, it's a little more dainty than I am used to wearing but I'm trying to dress more on the feminine side lately because school is starting up and I want to look like I am somewhat put together after the accident and dressing like a homeless man isn't going to do it. I let my hair down and brush my curls into waves. I put on some mascara, blush, and highlight then curl my lashes. I admire myself in the mirror. I am unrecognizable. I throw on some white strappy sandals my mom got me last summer and I walk down the stairs to meet Miles at the kitchen island. He has bedhead still and his eyes are still heavy from sleep, and he still has on pajama pants. It's noon.

"You need to stop sleeping in so late school starts tomorrow." I tease, he is startled by my voice.
"Jesus Dellah...you scared me," he says, turning to look at me, his eyes widened and he looks me up and down with a smirk whilst standing up and making his way toward me. "Hi beautiful," he says with a smile pulling me in by my waist. He then gives me a soft kiss and pulls away to look at me once more. "That color looks good on you..." he says which propels me to look down at my tiered skirt, it's Mint green with little florets of baby breath flowers printed on it. It's a little short but it has shorts sewn into it so I feel safe from any wardrobe malfunctions that would ensue if they weren't there.
"Thank you." I smile looking back up at him, "Are you going to get dressed today?" I quip inquisitively.
"Yes, I was planning on it." he gives a half smile, "Unless you don't want me to...I could do the contrary." he looks down at me with a devious smile...
"Pervert." I laugh pushing him away jokingly.
"Ok then, don't say I didn't offer..." he snickers and walks into the bathroom to get cleaned up. Even when he just rolls out of bed he is perfect, Mel had that quality about her too, effortlessly beautiful. She used to tell me that she was jealous of me for the same reason. It was never me though, she was the perfect one. The image of her skull cut in two and her face completely gone flashes in my brain, I shudder at the memory.

I shake the thought away and cut up a banana and put it into a small bowl of vanilla yogurt and then repeat the process with a few strawberries. By the time I'm done Miles has made his way out of the shower, his hair is damp and looks to have been towel dried and his towel is wrapped at his waist exposing his midriff, my breath catches in my throat and I suddenly seem extremely interested in my bowl of half-eaten yogurt.
"Hey Delly...are my clothes in the dryer?" he asks.
"Yep" I blurt as butterflies swarm in my stomach, I feel my face redden.
"Are you ok?" he asks concerned as he makes his way over to me.
"Yep, I'm great." I stutter, getting more anxious with his every move. "Just put some clothes on." I wheedle. He senses my awkwardness and smirks.
"You got it." He smiles and gives me a long, slow kiss. I can feel my stomach tighten and my face turns crimson. He pulls away fully aware of what he is doing to me. "You're the cutest, you know that?" he grinned. and makes his way into the laundry room and then disappears into his room. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. My Dad is on a work trip and my Mom went with him. They said they trust us and they have no reason not to. I don't want to give them one either. I get up, wash my dishes from breakfast and find Miles's bowl and spoon from his clean and on the strainer, I smile and make my way to the couch. Miles emerges from the bedroom This time fully clothed in some gray shorts and a plain Navy blue tee, he curls up on the couch next to me and lays his head in my lap, and looks up at me.

"What do you wanna do today, gorgeous?" He asks. I look down and my curls fall like a curtain around my face blocking all vision of what's around me making me feel as if the whole world is gone and It's just me and him.
"I don't know..maybe just stay here?" I reply
"And let you sit here all dressed up for nothing." He probes
"I'm not that dressed up." I laugh
"More than usual." He adds
"Ouch," I respond teasingly.
"Wanna go to the diner?" He inquires
"No..just ate."
"Ummm..." he ponders. I stroke his hair and smile down at him.
"How about we just lay here..." I move his hair back and kiss his forehead, when I let it go it bounces back to its previous position falling just above his eyes. He hasn't had a haircut since before he moved in and he's due for one soon.
"As you wish." He says as he jumps out of my lap and pulls me onto his.
"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask. He grabs the remote and flips on the TV as his response, I lay there on his chest and doze off completely. I didn't even catch the title before sleep consumed me.