The Dragon of the East Part VI

Hello, Wattpad Readers. You know the drill. I own nothing but my characters and their storylines. Valyrian will be italicized. Enjoy.

"How did this happen," Viserys demanded as he, Rhaenyra, Alicent, and the other council members, in their night clothes along with everyone else at present, were in the Small Council Chamber. Baelar was sitting at the table with his wife and mother as Grand Maester Mellos applied a solvent of some sort on his right arm and hand to treat his burns. Aeron was seated on a chair at the other side of the room, with Daemon and the Velaryons close to him in protective stances. "How is it that a six-year-old could enter the Dragonpit unnoticed?"

"We are still finding that out, Your Grace," Otto replied, trying to calm the king.

"The only ones with the boy were burned or consumed by The Night's Terror, Your Grace." The Head Dragonkeeper replied.

"Will Baelar recover, Grand Maester?" Claryssa begged fearfully for her son's condition while Leah held his left arm tightly.

"Prince Baelar will recover, my lady," Mellos answered as he continued to rub the solvent in Baelar's hand and arm as the prince moaned in pain, "however, I'm afraid the scars will never fade."

Claryssa trembled in horror after hearing the Maester's answer. Just then, the doors flew open as the other members of the Kingsguard escorted the Sorrens into the room.

"Aeron," Melina called out as she rushed to her son, who was covered in ash, and inspected him to see if he was hurt, "Are you ok? What happened?"

"Your bastard snuck into the Dragonpit and nearly cost my son his life," Claryssa raged as she glared at them.

"What?" Melina asked in confusion as she looked at everyone for a clearer answer.

"It seems Aeron went to the Dragonpit on his own to see Nightwing, who burned prince Baelar's right arm," Rhaenys gently explained to the mother, who widened her eyes in shock.

Melina looked at Baelar, who was being treated for his arm, and then stared at her son to confirm what she had just heard. "I just wanted to see Nightwing," he blubbered as he was on the brink of tears. After hearing those words, Melina stood up before him, fidgeting as she faced everyone staring at them.

Viserys then interjected himself into the scene, trying to calm the situation before it escalated, "I will have the truth of what happened."

"The truth is simple," Claryssa questioned angrily and pointed at Aeron, "That bastard committed treason. He must be punished."

"Aeron did no such thing," Melina desperately defended.

"No such thing," Claryssa seethed, "My son was almost burned alive by his actions. That is a crime of the highest treason that should be punished with execution."

After hearing Claryssa's demands for execution, the Sorrens, Velaryons, and Daemon began to surround Aeron, who was trembling with fear in protective stances. At the same time, Melina defended, "My son is only six years of age and just wanted to see his father's dragon. He couldn't have possibly known what would've happened."

"Couldn't have known," Claryssa questioned as she raged on, "And yet he was able to escape the Red Keep and find his way throughout the city to the Dragonpit on his own."

"There was a map on his person that leads from the Red Keep to the Dragonpit, Your Grace," Otto announced as he held the map that was singed from the flames. He handed the paper to the king, who examined it and saw it was indeed what his Hand said it was. "He must have retrieved it from the royal library and followed the roads," Otto explained, "Not only that, but there are reports from the other Dragonkeepers that Nightwing appeared to have stopped breathing fire after the boy commanded her to. The same way prince Baelar commanded his own dragon not to attack The Night's Terror."