Adoption

"Yes, I am a vampire. Although, I could digest human food and blood and I don't sparkle in the sun. I just have very inhuman speed, strength and timing," Nico said stiffly. Philza nodded and studied Nico some more.

"Dad? Why are you in here?" Wilbur asked as he stepped into the room. He had fluffy, brown hair and warm, chocolate brown eyes. He was tall and looked pretty strong. His fingers were long and quick. 

"I'm just chatting with Nico here, want to join us?" Phil invited. Wilbur nodded and brought over a chair to sit in.

"Your family are hybrids," Nico pointed out. Phil raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"Can you guess what hybrids we are?" Wilbur said excitedly, his voice was deep and soothing. It was calming and musical.

"You are a phantom hybrid because you are slightly transparent and Philza is an elytrian because of his wings. Techno is a pigman hybrid because of his sharp teeth, tusks, and strong structure. The blonde that was very loud is a chicken, very speedy and seems to be a big chicken. The brown haired boy is probably a bee. He had the little things bees have on their head and transparent wings," Nico said calmly, raising his face to meet Wilbur's brown eyes with his calculative ones.

"Hey, your eyes look different from each other," Wilbur said, leaning in closer to see better. Nico nodded and looked away.

"It is best you are off, I'm sure the other children would rather you waste your time on them," Nico said, grabbing a book on Norse Mythology and reading it. The two glanced at each other and nodded, they liked Nico's thought process and he seems like he needs someone. 

Before Wilbur left the room he said," You are like other kids, just different in your own way. You need someone to support you and you want someone to care." Just like that, Wilbur was out of the room. Nico was frozen, staring at the pages of the book. 

"I need someone to support me? I don't need anyone, I can do perfectly fine on my own, especially after what happened," Nico whispered, still frozen from Wilbur's words. 

"I don't need someone to care! Last time someone cared, the pretended to care and proceeded to use me...I don't need anyone," Nico said, tears pouring down his face. He covered his face in his arms and cried. 

'The people that he thought was his friends didn't care, they wanted his money and fame. The man he considered a grandfather and mentor taught him to save the world and die afterwards. His parents died protecting him, leaving him alone. His godfather didn't stay behind to keep him safe, he went after the man that helped the killer. Voldemort was trying to kill him, what is the point!' Nico thought angrily. He slid out of bed and walked over to his wardrobe. He grabbed a random hoodie and slid it on, snuggling into its warm comfort.