Chapter 31

QUINN

      "You seriously haven't let him hit?!" Michie asked while throwing one of the couch pillows at me.

      Despite the whole fiasco, Michie knew the whole truth.

      "It's not - " I started but she cut me off.

     "It's not what? Too slow burn? It is.
      Poor baby probably has had blue balls since January," she complained, "You evil child."

      "What exactly do you want me to do? Go over to his house in nothing but lingerie and a trench coat then giddy up?" I asked sarcastically.

       "That is an excellent idea!" Michie exclaimed.

      I sighed and shook my head. "Sorry for you, he's in Arizona for a preseason game."

       "So do it when he gets back then," she suggested, "Celebration sex or comfort sex. It still works."

      "Why and how am I friends with you?" I jokingly asked.

       She blew me a kiss in reply before saying, "Besides, last time you two did it, you were both drunk. It's time to see him in full action."

        My mind drifted back to that night. I was drunk yes but I rarely forget things.
       It was amazing and something about it was different.
     Or maybe it's just the fact that you've slept with one man your entire life.

     Thinking about my night with Demetri suddenly made me feel hot all over. The way his touch sent heat everywhere. When his full lips traveled all the way down to my-

      "Day dreaming are we?" Michie said while pulling me out of my thoughts.

      "No and no I am not going to his house en un pequeño panty," I stated.

      "But tiny panties are the way to go," she added, "and I bet he's mean in bed."

       "Por qué?" I asked.

       "Because he's a sunshine personality. These boys are like stereotype supposed to be all sweet and tender.
        But I don't trust them. I believe sunshine personalities can be the meanest when they are hurt and can hit hard when aroused.
       But sometimes it's not all of them. Just pray that Demetri is that type of sunshine." she explained then winked.

      I sighed before continuing scrolling through my phone. I reloaded my feed and someone had posted the final result of the basketball game. The Lakers had won.
       My mother would be disappointed if she found out I'm trying to understand basketball. That's what happens when she raised you to like football and F1.

       I scrolled through the pictures of the celebration after the match. My eyes paused on a picture of Demetri and Royanne together. She was wearing a Lakers jersey with his number on it.

        "Don't overthink it, fake dating remember," Michie said over my shoulder. She was looking at my phone.

        "I wasn't," I was.

        "You were and I know you. You know how you like have a whole resting bitch face right?
       Well it has more bitch when you're trying to not show emotion but wheels are turning in your head."

        I chose not to reply because we've had this talk before. I've had it with Tammy and Lorayne too.

~~~ 

      When Demetri got back, we spent time at his lake house. We'd make most of this time because the season was then actually starting, meaning we'd have less time together.