Chapter 7

DEMETRI 

       Lorr, Josiah and I decided had spent New years eve at the festival since we wanted to try something new this time. There were So many things to do; the rides, the games, the food plus some bands performing at the main arena. The whole event was filled with life and color.

        With two hours til midnight, I spotted a familiar pair of green eyes and black hair in a crowd watching a magic show.

        "Dee decided to show up," I said as I approached her.

        "And aren't you a certified stalker," she laughed while putting her hands in her coat. the cool December breeze rolling in.

         "Intuition," I said. .

        "Having fun?" I asked her.

         "A bit, I watched few acts and games," she responded.

         "Well then, if you will allow, I'd like to show you more places and to be your company tonight?" I asked while extending my hand to her.

      She looked at my hand then at me.

"Disclaimer, I come with two other clowns," I joked.

She laughed before putting her hand in mine. I could hear my heart beat in my ears for some reason as I led her to Lorr and Josiah.

     They quickly adopted her into our tiny party. She was of a bit hesitant to get on some of the rides but we eventually went on most of them. Of course, Lorr turned everything into competition with me. He also started flirting with Quinn.

        "I have a strong feeling that I'm older than you," she teased after he said his third pick-up line.

       "The more mature, the more appealing mamacita," he told her and winked, "besides, its probably just a year between us. Barely noticeable and isn't a big deal."

      "I speak for everyone when I say lets pretend non of that happened, but yeah, Quinn has to complete the festival rite of passage," Josiah cut in.

      "Che Cosa?" she said or asked. I have no idea.

       "You have to win a huge prize," Josiah responded.

     "I can do that," she said and I led her to a game stand.

      She was absolutely terrible at it.
  "Exactly why I don't like games," she let out a frustrated groan.

     "Relax, okay let's play another game," I said while directing her to a shooting game. This one, she was good at. She screamed in excitement when she won.

        The guy at the stand handed her a huge Pikachu which she hugged and pampared.

        "Aww, I have Pokémon," she cooed.

        "You don't look like you like such," I teased her.

       "Prejudice," she spat.

       "Ayy yo. Minutes till midnight, let's get going so that we find a good spot," Lorr said.

     "Where?" she asked as we followed Josiah and Lorr towards the parking lot.

       "You'll see," I told her, "don't worry it's not a kidnapping."

       She looked around as some other people were also getting into their cars like they were rushing somewhere. She got into the backseat with me in Josiah's truck and we headed up the hill to a truck park where people usually went stargazing and watching meteor showers. It was also the best spot for viewing fireworks. It's like you had the whole city below you. The Hollywood sign in clear view.
        Once we parked on a good spot, we all sat in the back of the truck on cushions and blankets as Lorr passed the drinks.