Alone In The Cold

He felt a cold breeze on his face, while he was walking down the streets of Monaco on this cool December day. It never gets really cold in his motherland and Charles likes it that way. Being born and raised here he and summer became one - and yes, even though he travels a lot it is mostly during warm days so he's never experienced real cold or at least had the opportunity to get friendly with it.
He's not really used to walking as he rather drives, and for the last couple of years he felt like the only time people should see him out of his car is during the season. At all other times he tried to stay in the background. And today he decided to break that self-promise even though the temperature's below 15 degrees Celsius and he's only wearing a T-shirt and hawaiian style shorts.
He looked down his own body and shook his head almost unaware of doing it. Meeting Charlotte really helped him improve his style but this was clearly not a proof of it and it was certainly not a good time to be wearing something like that, because he was meeting with her for lunch. Deep down he actually likes the way he dresses, after all it's his own way of understanding and portraying his personality through clothes.
He was just less than a hundred meters away from the sushi place when the phone in his pocket started ringing.
"What is it again, Carlos", he said out loud and took a look at the screen. It was not Carlos who was calling.
"Hi, ma belle", Charles picked up the call.
"Hey, mon amour", Charlotte's voice came from the end of the line. She sounded unusually serious and maybe worried. "Sorry, Charles, i can't make it to our lunch appointment. I'm on a flight to London, my sister is having relationship problems and i need to be there for her."
"Okay, i-, do you need help? Is your sister alright?", he ran his hand through his messy brown hair.
"Yes, Charles, she'll be alright . I need to go now, sorry..."
"No problem, ma belle", he said and realized he was talking to himself now. Charlotte was gone, and his phone was on its homescreen, showing their picture on it.