8

They all arrived home. The kids went to get patched up the few scratches they had and Laia went to get some herbs so the injury would close up quicker. After she was done she wrapped a thin leaf so the wound had pressure so it could close naturally and she didn't need to stitch the wound.

After she was done she went to look for her friend. She knew they were still a bit tense about what just had happened so she figured they would have to do something together to not think about it.

She spotted them squatting next to their family tent. When she got to where they were she noticed frowns on their faces.

"Hey guys, what happened-" she was cut off by Tuk. Lo'ak took her hand in his and placed one finger on his mouth signalling her to keep quiet. She sat down next to him and looked over at Kiri, wondering if her friend would give her some context.

"You cannot do this to them, the forest is all they know!" they heard Neytiri's voice screaming back at what Jake was telling them.

"We are not safe here, they have Spider and the kid knows everything!" Jake told her. Laia shared a look with her friends, she wanted to believe that Spider would not betray them but if the humans where hard on him who knows if he could keep his mouth shut.

"My father gave me this bow and said: protect the people!" Laia could hear Neytiri's voice breaking "And that is what I'm trying to do" replied Jake "If we stay here and they defend us they are going to die, all of them!" he continued.

Laia closed her eyes as if by doing this life would back to normal and this conversation had never existed.

"Look I have no plan ok? But what I'll do is protect this family. This family is our fortress" after Jake finished that sentence Laia stood up and walked away. The rest of the children looked into the direction she left and ran after her.

Laia's POV

I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to get out of there. Leaving the forest? Something I haven't thought about, ever. But, them leaving, without me. Oh hell no.

How could I continue my life without them? They are all I have. They are my friends, my family. I can't not bear with not seeing them daily. I have to make sure they are ok and smiling and having fun. This is all a bad dream. Yeah it has to be.

After a while I stopped walking. I bumped into some tree roots and that is when I noticed how far I am from the village. I could feel my eyes burning, I guess the tears came out by themselves. As I was trying to stop them I heard my name being called.

"Laia!" it was Tuk "We just want to talk!" followed by Kiri. I made my best to set up a happy face so they didn't see this side of me. I don't want this to be the last image they have of me.

"Hey" I say softly when I get to where they were. They weren't alone, the boys where there as well.

"Look Laia I know what you heard wasn't very pleasant but we have to get back and talk to them" began Kiri. "Plus I believe you are coming with us too, I mean, what would we do without you?" continued Lo'ak.

I could tell they were all disappointed by the looks on their faces but still they were trying their best to light my mood. I love them so much.

"We still don't know what your parent's plans are, we should talk to them before coming to any conclusion. Let's go talk to them ok?" I say, they all nodded with small smiles on their faces, but I still didn't feel good.

"I'm sorry I reacted that way, I never thought this situation could lead to this point and I started thinking about life without you and-" I was cut off by someone hugging me.