5

Another day started in Pandora. Neytiri was the first up this morning. She woke up her children and Jake and went on to have breakfast.

"Today you have a free day kids, but" Jake said while turning to Laia and Neteyam "You two have to patrol with us this afternoon ok?" "Yes Sir" they both answered at unison.

The morning passed quite calm. The boys were just repairing their weapons, while the girls where sitting by a little lake just chatting.

"Soo.." started Kiri to say looking at Laia with a grin on her face. "So what?" said Laia, confused at what her friend was trying to say. "You two" continued Kiri. "Who?" answered Laia, still not getting what she meant. "Oh Laia, you and Neteyam, yow two" said Tuk. "What about us?" Laia said, kind of playing dumb because she didn't want to have this conversation now. "Don't ask that stupid question Laia, we know what is up" said Kiri, kind of pushing her friend to open up about her feelings. Laia, on the other hand, didn't like to do so. She didn't want her feelings to interfere in her duty as a warrior and as a friend. Yes, a friend. Because that is what they all were. Friends. Nothing more.

"I don't know what you're talking about Kiri, Neteyam and I are just friends. Best friends at maximum" Laia said. Kiri, not satisfied with her answer insisted, "But the way you look at each other, the way you always have physical contact, the way you worry about one another, the-" "I'm pretty sure I also look at Lo'ak or even you guys with the same affection and I also show my love for you with hugs, kisses or whatever, and I care for all of you because you are my friends" Laia interrupted her. "I don't get why you always make a big deal of it" she finished, finally standing up and looking around her to see if one of the boys were near to listen to hear her. Believe it or not, she didn't want this conversation to get to other people.

"Hey" started Kiri, also standing up to face Laia, "I was just asking because you seem the closest to him and I don't know we were curious" she stated, giving Tuk a look to support her. "Yeah, and you don't have to feel embarrassed to like a boy Laia" Tuk said, while taking her hand. "I don't like anyone at the moment and I also don't think I will in a long time, there are other important things to do" Laia said. "You know you deserve to be happy right? Your family would have wanted you to be happy" said Kiri, while taking her other hand in hers.

These words got stuck in Laia's head. She was happy at the moment, but there were also times in which she felt alone. She had no other friends apart from the Sully family, she did know some other Na'vi, but she wasn't that close with them. She kind of like the thought of having someone that could see her differently but always told herself to leave those thoughts behind as she was still young to think about that.

"We should head back, we have to help prepare lunch" Laia said, with a sad smile on her face. Kiri ant Tuk looked at each other and nodded their head, wishing their friend was not mad at them for talking about that.

Soon lunch time came. After eating they were all at their hut not knowing what to do to entertain themselves. Lo'ak had noticed the tension between her sisters and Laia, this last one seemed particularly upset, although she was trying her best to hide it. He moved a little so he was now fully sitting by her side and rubbed his hand on her upper arm.

"Wanna talk?" he asked in a low voice, hoping the rest didn't hear him. "Oh no it's just that I'm a little bored" she answered, not wanting to worry him. "You know you can tell me if something is wrong" he continued, he wasn't going to force her to talk but also he wanted to make sure she was fine.

"It's ok Lo'ak nothing happened", she assured him with a soft smile, taking his hand in hers. He tried his best to control his tail which was a little too excited by the contact. With all his courage, he swallowed hard and said, "I don't know if this would make you feel better but-" he paused for a second to get a look of her eyes which were looking at him attentively. "we c-could cuddle t-tonight, if it is ok with y-you". Crap he was stuttering again. Laia smiled even more, she knew he wasn't the best at words, but actions. That was his love language. "I-"

"Guys!" before she could answer him, Spider entered the hut out of breath. "Chill monkey boy, you are going to run of oxygen" said Kiri playfully. "Ha ha, I was running away from Norm, so I could come here" he said "Anyways, do you want to go to explore the forest for a bit?" He added. It had been a few days since the conversation in the lab happened and it seemed he was again at his usual good mood.

"Yeah why don't we" said Kiri, already standing beside Spider. "I'm actually not in the mood to walk right now guys. I guess I'll stay here until patrol time comes" said Neteyam, not wanting to get tired and earning a scold from his father. "Yeah me too, besides I want to rest for a bit" agreed Laia. This made Neteyam smile, if everyone else was going then they will have some time alone.

"I'll go" said Lo'ak "You would want someone there if something happens right" he said cockily. "If something happens then I'm sure it will be because of you" replied Kiri, earning a few laughs from the rest. Tuk also stood up and began to go to Kiri's side, meaning she was going too.

"Ok then guys, be careful, don't do anything stupid" said Neteyam "And don't go very far, you don't want to skip dinner and go to bed late right?" Laia added, giving Lo'ak a look to make him understand she was going to sleep with him tonight.

"Y-yeah yeah we won't be late" answered Lo'ak, flustered at the thought of sleeping with Laia again.

Once they left, Neteyam turned to Laia.

"So Laia" he started, making her look at his face "Wanna go on a date?"

--------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry I have been innactive this past week. I had a bunch of assignments to do and some personal issues too. Anyways I promise I will make it up to you and I swear I'll post at least another chapter this week.

Thank u for reading and sorry again!! <333