Anniversary Special- Lumine's backstory

Start from the beginning

For whom especially cruel would be Fate
The world in endless flame they shall see
But powerless to stop it they would be
Only when all hope is lost
Shall Olympus be regained or lost."

It started when Lumine was sent on an undercover mission by Poseidon. Poseidon forgot to inform the Seven of this, who thought that she had disappeared or been kidnapped or something, and set off to search for her, which took them across worlds. And then Zhongli told us what happened. When Lumine returned, she didn't find any of them, making her realize that the prophecy had begun.

After that things went wrong left right and centre. After that she lost her mother, and her friends at camp started dying in battle against Kronos's forces. It all boiled down to Kronos attacking Olympus again. And then there's that stuff about the Lydian drakon, her best friends dying (Claudia and Cecilia), and while she's consumed by grief, Archer takes a blow from Kronos meant for Lumine, dying as well. At this point her grief, anger, sadness and rage completely took over, and her determination to bring Kronos down from his pedestal, to make him suffer like he had made her suffer, earned her the blessings of the then Olympian Council. At this point, Hestia was still in the Council, And Apollo and Artemis weren't here yet. She did manage to defeat Kronos, but then the realisation struck her that she had lost everything.

She was feeling completely hollow and empty, so when she was offered godhood and a position in the Olympian Council, she accepted without thinking it through much. Hestia stepped down without any grudges for her, and that's when she became the immortal goddess of the stars. She basically had power over the multiple dimensions of the universe. While most of the gods' powers were based on Earth, Lumine's extended beyond. She spent the following centuries protecting the demigods from the shadows (much like Xiao actually), stepping in whenever required. Over the two Great Prophecies that followed, she did her utmost to ensure the chosen one's survival. It landed her in Tartarus both times, only being freed when the gods regained control and the Titans were defeated. Although the first chosen one after her died, the second one did manage to survive and fight for Olympus magnificently, with Lumine as the mentor. By this point, Lumine had seen almost all the suffering and pain of the world, and had been through it all (give her a break man she really needs it-)

Next we go over to the immortal daughter Nyx had with some other immortal. This immortal daughter had supported the Titans in the fourth Titan war (the second one after Lumine's), which is why she was imprisoned and punished. However, her newly-born son with Hades (or any god of the twelve main that you like) was found soon. Hades (or your chosen god) and Lumine convinced Zeus to let him live, seeing that he was completely innocent. Also Lumine had realised that this little newborn was her new brother.

Over the following years, She proceeded to take excellent care of Aether. She did not raise him as a mother, but as the loving sister she was. Despite the tremendous age difference, They both still loved each other incredibly seeing that the two only had each other, and the other gods to some extent.

Once Aether was all nicely grown up (and had managed to obtain immortality from the gods, cue both Lumine and Aether's incessant pleading) Apollo and Artemis appeared. To prevent a full on fight happening amongst the gods again, Lumine took the opportunity to step down for Artemis, the new goddes of the Moon and of the Hunt. Some other old god stepped down for Apollo (sorry i didnt have the time to research on this haha) Although Lumine was still a very powerful goddess, she was no more part of the main Twelve. This gave her and Aether the chance to do what they had always yearned to do- explore the universe beyond.

Having inherited some spatial powers from Nyx himself, Aether and Lumine used their abilities to create portals to explore various worlds. They never stayed at one world for too long- They explored it to their heart's content, made great friends with the inhabitant if applicable, then moved on. It was in this way that they arrived at Khaenri'ah, and Tevyat.