"Mann I wish I was joking. He said he wanted to talk to me. I dunno what about, but I'll see when I talk to him."

"Maybe he wants to talk about what happened? If you do end up talking to him let me know, kay?"

"Yeah I gotchu. Help me put these groceries away pleaseee," you begged. Yanna nodded and helped you put away the different snacks, drinks, and other stuff you bought for the three of you. So much for starting over, you thought to yourself.

 So much for starting over, you thought to yourself

alexa, play another day, partynextdoor

After a long day of driving and getting settled in your apartment, you finally had a chance to lay back on your bed. You already called your mom to let her know you're all settled and doing okay while you decorated your room. You made an almost replica of your room back home with a few changes.

Looking up at the ceiling, you thought about everything that happened today

Looking up at the ceiling, you thought about everything that happened today. From driving six hours away from home for a fresh start at your dream college, to finding out Connie is your next door neighbor. You connected to your speaker and started vibing by yourself when someone knocked on your door, "come in."

Rue walked in and plopped herself on your bed and wrapped her arms around you, trapping you in a tight hug. "How're you feeling? Yanna told me you saw Connie." She asked.

"I'm okay," you sighed. You adjusted your body turning and scooting until you found a comfortable position before speaking again, "just in shock from seeing him. We're literally four hours away from Irving. There's so many other apartment's too, but he gets the one right next door. Like what the hell."

"Yeah I get that. Gonna be pretty damn hard to act like he doesn't exist. I know it'll be hard but it's not like you'll really have a choice. He's so persistent for what."

Rue wasn't lying. Before your break up, whenever Connie wanted something, he'd pester whoever about it until he got what he wanted. So just talking to him to get it over with was easier than trying to ignore him.

"Yeah, I'll probably talk to him tomorrow. Anyways moving on, what's for dinner? I'm starving." Rue stayed silent while shaking her head and shrugged her shoulders. She rolled off you to pull out her phone and scrolled through TikTok while you slipped on a pair of slippers,  left your room, and walked to the kitchen where you heard someone on the phone.

You entered the kitchen to find Yanna walking around the kitchen and living on the phone with a takeout restaurant. "Yes can I also get two orders of shrimp gyoza and fried rice as well? Thank you. Yes I'm paying in cash. It's $42.73 right? Okay thank you so much, see you soon." She set her phone down on large, grey quartz kitchen island. "Hey Y/N, I just ordered takeout," she smiled.

"Oou wha'd you get?"

"Shrimp gyoza, fried rice, lo mein, orange chicken, veggie spring rolls, and some sushi. I really was gonna cook but I'm too tired. So takeout it is!"

"I'll give you $20 so you can tip." Yanna nodded her head and smiled in thanks and went to the living room to watch tv.

"Have you seen the remote?" I've been looking for it all day."

"Yeah I took it to my room so I could put batteries in it. Whatever you're about to watch I'll watch with you." You went back to your room to grab the remote and your phone, when you saw three new text notifications. Who's number is this? what the hell. You tapped on the notification from your lock screen so you could read it without opening it, and your face dropped. The message read:

xxx-xxx-xxxx
y/n it's me
connie
can we talk now? please