03 ᥫ᭡

"im sending you one text at a time

"im sending you one text at a time..."

__________

alexa, play settling, summer walker

̤̮ "CONNIE?" It was really him. When you heard his voice, and hoped it was all a bad dream. This isn't real, no way he's here, you thought. Unfortunately for you, it wasn't.

"Y/n can I talk to you?" He begged. Connie's face softened as he looked at you, taking in the fact that you were right in front of him, speaking for the first time in almost a year since your break up.

"I have nothing to say to you Connie. Why are you even here?" You were serious too. You had nothing to say to him when you broke up, why would you have anything to say to him now? You turned around and looked for your keys when all of a sudden, Connie gently gripped your arm, stopping you from turning the key into your apartment. "What the hell? Connie let me go."

"I'm live next door. So looks like we'll be seeing each other a lot more often. You'll have no choice but to talk to me eventually." Connie gave you a slight smile and awkward scratched the back of his neck, trying to make himself busy to feel less awkward.

"Are you serious? Seeing him here in this moment was already a lot, but having to see him everyday you came home was a different story.

"Yeah, I was making a copy of my key for Jean earlier today. But that's not important right now, can you please talk to me? It doesn't have to be today, but I just wanna talk."

You knew Connie. You know how persistent he is when he wants something, so you knew he wasn't going to give up until you agreed. But you needed more time. Despite it being almost a year since your breakup, and thinking you were over him, seeing him made all the old feelings rush back— good and bad.

"Maybe... but not today." You sighed. You took one last look at Connie before turning the key and opening the door to your apartment. Locking the door behind you, you placed the last few bags of groceries on the large island and let out a deep sigh.

Yanna walked into the kitchen with her phone up, trying to record a mini tour of the apartment for her dad. She turned her head towards you and stopped recording when she saw the look on your face. She walked over and wrapped her arms around you in a tight, but warm hug. "You okay boo? You look stressed."

"Yeah I'm okay. I just spoke to Connie though."

"Wait what. I thought you deleted his number?"

"No like in person. He moved in next door..."

Yanna pulled away and looked at you, her face full of confusion. She froze in that same position, her mouth agape for a few seconds before speaking, "girl April fools isn't till April. You're joking right."