Chapter 18: From Good to Worst I

Start from the beginning

After that they had called it a night, heading off to bed a little early. The next day, Dumbledore had received a note from the Founders informing him of their desire of discussing the upcoming meeting with the minister and their plans. They also mentioned that they would not be coming out of their chambers till about 3pm, when they would meet him in his office.

The headmaster had spent the time trying to assimilate all the information he had gathered from these individuals about the founders. He had no doubt in his mind that they were the founders as no one except the four founders themselves would know about the secret chambers of all four of them. But the relationship between them and their claims had really put everything that he had known about them into perspective.

Amelia had flooed into the Headmaster's office directly, and had found all four founders present there along with the Headmaster himself. It was clear that the Minister was disbelieving about the presence of the Founders and had wanted to see them for herself. Nonetheless she had greeted all four of them with reverence and asked about their situation. Hearing that they were researching a way to get back to their timeline, the minister had offered to help them in any way she could. She then welcomed them to this timeline and with respect asked if they had heard about the current political climate from the headmaster.

Hearing that they were fully informed, she stated that should an all-out war break out, the Ministry did not have enough resources to win. Amelia ended with a plea for help from the four luminaries of the magical world.

Lord Gryffindor (who seemed to be the spokesperson for the group today) had assured her that if there was a war when they were in this timeline, then the Ministry could count on their support. He had thanked her for understanding their situation and assured her that the founders had always fought for the welfare and security of the innocent magical people and would continue to do so. However, they had emphasised that they did not want to get involved in politics or be in exposed to any more attention than what they were getting. Amelia was not very happy about it but had understood their situation and had agreed to only ask for their assistance in a battle situation and other than that keep them out of any unnecessary media attention. She had also promised to control the media reports on them.

And so by the end of the two hour meeting, Amelia was visibly more relaxed. She was clearly heartened to have gained the support of four of the greatest witches and wizards of British wizarding history. Even the notorious Salazar Slytherin had agreed to help.

As Dumbledore thought about this, he realised that Amelia would have been worried that if Salazar Slytherin would join hands with Voldemort then together they would be practically unstoppable. But now, with Salazar siding with the Ministry, Voldemort will lose some of his followers. The reason behind this was that the main propaganda of Voldemort was around the point that he was following the footsteps of the noble Salazar Slytherin.

The meeting was an important one and it seemed to be a starting of an acquaintance between the Founders and the Ministry. It could be seen that the Founders had put a lot of thought behind this meeting, and had presented a united front.

However, so far the day had gone just as expected. After the departure of the Minister, the five remaining occupants of the office had remained silent to assimilate their thoughts and go over the details of what had just happened.

After a few moments of silence, Dumbledore remembered gently prodding the Founders to explain their previous statements in the gallery. He also had reminded them that they had promised to explain after the meeting with the Minister.

Dumbledore put the memory in his Pensieve to review the entire conversation.

"Yes, we did promise that, didn't we?" Lord Gryffindor started "Well I seem to remember you were having multiple questions and most of them were about how Salazar was a King and according to you how come no one in history knows about it.