Chapter 16: The Request and the Test

Start from the beginning

"I suppose you know what happened after that"

Salazar sat back to allow everyone time to gather their thoughts and let the information sink in.

After a few moments Dumbledore was first to break the silence.

"Thank you for the very insightful account on yesterday's events Lord Slytherin. I would like to thank you for helping my staff and would like to introduce you to Mr and Mrs Weasley; the red haired couple that you saved yesterday." Saying so Dumbledore nodded towards the Weasleys.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lord Slytherin and thank you for saving us yesterday." Mr Weasley said courteously

"I hope you are feeling better now, Mr Weasley?" Salazar inquired

"Yes I am, Lord Slytherin, but I hope that you are feeling better as well." Mr Weasley replied a little anxiously, hoping he had not crossed the line and angered the young founder.

However Salazar smiled at him before replying with a little smugness in his tone

"I am as good as new, Mr Weasley."

"I will be the judge of that Sal, after I have tested you. I suppose it is the time for that now, isn't it?" Godric cut in with a stern voice.

"Of course Ric, whatever you say" Salazar replied half mockingly.

"Headmaster, if there are no further questions or urgent issues that require our attention now, then I would like to take your leave. Salazar here needs to give a test to prove that what he claims about his health is indeed true." Godric asked in a tone that made it clear that there was no option of denying.

Albus was a little intrigued about the test but decided not to push further before replying

"Of course, Lord Gryffindor, there are no pressing issues at the moment, but should the need arise, do we have a way to know how to contact you?"

"Just search for Rowena or Helga and they should be able to contact us. This test only requires the two of us. You will be able to find the ladies without any help. Now if you will excuse us."

After having his word, Godric gave Salazar an imperious look before leaving the office quickly.

"My apologies everyone," Salazar said as he stood up, vanishing his chair. "But it seems Godric is too impatient. I must leave now, but would love to have an opportunity to be able to make acquaintances with each and everyone here. Perhaps some other time," he inclined his head towards Dumbledore, "Headmaster."

Turning on his heel, he exited the office gracefully.

Everyone was silent after the departure of the male founders and no one seemed to know what to say. However, before anyone could say or do anything a large brown owl flew down the Headmaster's desk from the window. It was carrying a letter for the Headmaster and had the Minister of Magic's seal on it.

Curiously Albus opened the letter

Dear Professor Dumbledore,

It has come to my attention that Hogwarts is currently playing host to its Four Founders, who have somehow, through means beyond our understanding, managed to travel to our time.

As this is truly a unique opportunity, especially given the identities of our guests, I wish to meet them to personally welcome them to modern times and see for myself what these illustrious historical figures are like in real life. Thus I would like it if you could convey my wishes to them and arrange for a meeting with them by the 4th of September 1996 at 4 p.m. If this is not suitable then feel free to reply back with a date suggesting the alternative.