Keeper

A week and a half passed. Werewolf became an honorary member of The Cream Wolves. Crunchy Chip and he had left the citadel to return to their duties after the New Year’s celebrations. Caramel Arrow was happy for the both of them, and would always be thankful to Werewolf for saving her from death. Her wounds had fully healed now, only leaving tiny scars. She was going to go back to watching duties tomorrow, as Affogato would go back to being the advisor. Dark Cacao expressed his excitement to be having them back. But first..

“Yup! Everything looks good.”

Affogato smiled excitedly. “So, does that mean everything is fully healed?”

The doctor nodded. “Mhm! You can take that off now.”

Affogato excitedly looked to his right, where Caramel Arrow was standing by his seat. She gave him a bright smile, happy for him. He reached down and unstrapped the boot on his leg. It was finally over. Now he didn’t have to wear that wretched thing everywhere he went. It felt like a weight lifted from his shoulders. “Congrats, Affogato.” She said to him.

He looked at her and gave a bright smile. It was all thanks to her. He looked towards the doctor. “You can head out whenever you’d like.” The doctor said, writing something down on a clipboard.

He stood up, but before he left, he stopped. He turned. “Hey, one more question, doctor.”

The doctor looked up from the clipboard. “Yes?”

“Do I have to give the boot back to you or can I keep it?”

The doctor stifled a laugh. “Either one. It doesn't matter. You can throw it away, keep it, let us have it, it’s up to you.”

Affogato smiled. “I’ll keep it, then.”

“Sure thing. Have a good day!”

“You, too.” The two left, walking down the hall of the infirmary to leave.

Caramel Arrow snickered lightly beside him. “You seemed awfully excited to keep that boot. Don’t you want to forget about it?”

Affogato hummed. “Well, I’ve considered a use for it.”

“Really?” Caramel Arrow wondered. “For what?”