A Dream Come True

A passing fragrance.

A flowing ribbon.

A warm fire.

A light in the darkness.

Laughter in the abyss.

Hands brushed.

Skin connects.

Lips touch.

Warmth among the warm. Cold stay away. Time stops. Everything is floating.

Never end.

Affogato grumbled, his weary head standing. Christmas day was upon the Dark Cacao Kingdom. Despite his disliking of waking up, he felt heavenly. It was his dream. He had just had the dream, yet he could hardly remember what happened. But he remembered how it ended. He had kissed Caramel Arrow. He didn’t want to let go of that feeling his dream made him feel. Thoughts of her already plagued his mind, even before yesterday. Now, after her small kiss, it allowed all of his thoughts to run wild about her. All the different possibilities, all the open doors, all the things that he could do with her. It all seemed endless now. Affogato didn’t even notice that he was staring at a wall in his daydreaming state. His lips parted and an awestruck sigh escaped him. That dream was like heaven.

Affogato looked over to his clock. It was nine A.M. He sighed, pushing himself to sit up, legs dangling over the edge of his bed. He should start waking up sooner again. He didn’t want to grow into a habit of waking up late.

A knock on his door.

He glanced towards the door, now aware of how bare he felt. It must be Caramel Arrow. He laughed and shook his head. “Come in.” He said as his chuckling ceased. He shifted to lay down again as his door opened.

Timidly, Caramel Arrow entered the room. She was absolutely terrified for this moment. “Hey, Affogato.” He was smiling at the ceiling.

“Hey.”

Caramel Arrow looked at the decor she’d seen at least a hundred times now, just as a distraction for herself. “You seem happier than usual for a morning.” She tried to act casual as she stepped towards his bed.

“Ah, I had the most wondrous dream, Caramel Arrow.” He admitted, putting an arm up to show how wonderful it was.

“Ah.” She wondered what it was about. She wished she knew all that was going on in his brain. Ever since last night, she had been so nervous about coming back to Affogato. “What was it about?”

He turned his head to look at her as she stopped by his side. He noticed she was wearing the necklace he gave her. It made him feel even happier about himself. “Words could not begin to describe it.” He sighed, shaking his head. “It is a shame dreams are hardly remembered. I would love to revisit it.” It was so easy to be comfortable with Caramel Arrow.

She chuckled awkwardly. “Was it really that good?” She slid down to his ankle and put a pack of ice on it. He hummed and nodded as a response to her question. Things were a little quiet after that, but seeing Affogato’s cheery mood put her at ease. She hoped that what happened last night was part of why he felt so good. “Does your leg feel okay?”

He took the hand from the back of his head and let it fall onto her own arm. His hand grabbed just above her elbow. “You could fool me for a doctor with how well you treat it.” He said simply, smiling. They both stared into each other's eyes.