A Vampires Best Friend

As Baal and Squirrl walked into work that morning, they noticed one of the large closet doors open. Normally, in this particular closet, they'd store some of the supplies and items used in Still Valley (the town forever stuck in the 80's), such as creepy toys, movies and shows on VHS, and of course, large and tall standing arcade games. "Isn't that door supposed to be shut?" Baal asked. Squirrl walked closer to it, inspecting it for a moment before before sliding it open, revealing it to be pitch black inside, except for the vague light and faint noise in the back from an arcade game.

Squirrl motioned for Baal to come closer, and together, they slowly went inside. Baal pulled out their phone and hit the flashlight, shining it around the room as the duo got closer to the machine. "Doesn't look like there's anyone here..." "Then why is this thing on?" The two discussed as they made it. They looked over the game for a moment before Squirrl made it to the plug-in, promptly unplugging it and having it click off.

"Welp. Guess that's that. Let's get going before Reagan questions our "thirty second lateness" again." Baal turned on their heel, suddenly coming face to face with Keanu Reeves. "HOLY SHI- WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Baal panics, almost dropping their phone in the process. "Ohh! Hey there! Didn't mean to startle you. I'm here on a business trip with some other vamps." Squirrl stepped forward. "And that business is standing ominously in an 80's town closet with nothing but an arcade light?" They crossed their arms.

"Well- I-!" His eyes darted back and forth between Baal and Squirrl before he sighed in defeat. "Alright, you got me. Truth is... Lately, I can barely even step into the sunlight without feeling like a quite literal death sequence. Even with that sun repellent sunscreen stuff! So, being able to do things as like a normal person again, but on a video game, is amazing! It almost feels like I'm there!" He gestures to the arcade machine behind them, setting a hand on one of the joysticks. "I may be a tough and ruthless guy in my movies and real life, but... if I get to play as a rabbit girl doing chores for villagers in a cute little simulator game, I'll gladly do so so I can feel this feeling again." He stared deeply into the empty black screen with a sigh. Baal and Squirrl shared a glance before looking back to the depressed vampire.

"Hm... Hey, what if we talked to Reagan and see if we can get this moved over to Keanu's place?" Baal whispered to their partner. "The game, or Keanu himself?" Squirrl asked with a smirk. Baal rolled their eyes. "Both, obviously."

Soon after, they informed Reagan of the situation with Keanu and the rip-off Animal Crossing game, and soon got them moved out and back to his place.

Later on a lunch break, Baal stopped eating their sandwich meal, deep in thought. "What is it?" Squirrl asked. "I never thought about it until now, but..." Baal paused. "...how did Keanu even get in here?"