Court Case of Insanity (Part 2)

A/N: I THOUGHT OF A PART 2 FOR THIS (my previous part involving this-) AND I AM AND AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT. AND I FINALLY PUT IT ON WATTPAD SO HEREWEGO. (I'm sorry if this is badly written- I do NOT know how to write these kinda scenes tbh-)

The courtroom was almost at an ice cold temperature as Brett sat next to Baal in the "possible guilty party" seats, happily humming to himself, leaving Baal to internally panic slightly. Yes, it's true, they didn't have any other choice for a "technically-they'd-qualify-and-will-work-as-a-temporary-defense-lawyer" since Squirrl was MIA, but after a few hours, they had suddenly got a nervous feeling about all of this.

"Brett, are you sure this will all work out? You do in fact know what you're talking about?" "Relax Baal! Your friendly neighborhood Brett Hand is on the case! Quite literally!" He gave Baal a grin and finger guns as he finished his sentence. Baal then looked over to her right, seeing the other table. There sat the Detective, a smug smile on his face as he sat next to his own lawyer. He happened to look towards them and smirked with narrow eyes, then sliding his thumb across his neck. "Annnnd this is how I ended up dying to something that wasn't the Government." Baal muttered to themself, resting their head in their hands.

"Everyone rise for Judge Judy." A voice in the back of the room suddenly said. Everyone quickly stood up, and as she made it to her podium, everyone slowly sat back down. "We are gathered here today for the trial of 'Detective Veritably Clean Vs. Baal Witherlane'." Baal sunk in their chair a little hearing that be called out in a room of a hundred or so people. "If Mr. Clean wins this case, Witherlane will be sentenced to prison and most likely death. If Witherlane wins, they'll regain their freedom and we'll all pretend nothing happened here today. So of course, the Prosecutor may rise."

Detective Clean's attorney then rose, stepping in front of everyone. "Ladies and Gentlemen, Your Honor, Lovely Ladies of the Jury." He winked at the women in the jury booth and they got flustered very quickly, one of them passing out from it. Baal rolled their eyes as he continued.

"It's very clear why we're all here... Baal Witherlane murdered a man in cold blood and my client called them out on it! But would they confess? Nooooo! Because they decided to be "difficult." So let me ask you this, Your Honor... Would you believe THAT face if they had told you they HADN'T committed this crime? WOULD YOU?!" The guy placed his hands on Judge Judy's desk, almost nose to nose with her before quickly leaning back. "Thank You." He added like none of that had happened.

"This guy is bananas- We totally got this!" Brett grinned. "The Jury calls the opposing attorney." Brett stood, walking in front of everyone. "Your Honor..." He started, only making a drop of sweat slide down Baal's face. "I am here today to defend my client because they are a 100% bonafide saint! They would never hurt a fly!" Which honestly was a total lie. They were not a saint, even if they tried. As for hurting anything, people was only in self defense or if they HAD to terminate them, and maybe the occasional spider, but that was out of panic.

Brett continued. "Your Honor, if you knew my client like I did, you'd completely understand the things they go through, and then would see what was really happening. And maybe, just maybe, you too would finally see the light." He slowly moved his hands in the air as if he was a SpongeBob "Imagination" meme, only making Baal facepalm and suddenly losing every ounce of confidence in Brett.

"What the hell is this? Bible Camp?" Myc asked from behind Baal, gesturing to the pose Brett now stood in. "My demise at this point..." Baal sighed. Brett returned to his seat, giving yet another grin to his client. "Everything is in the bag!" In Baal's mind though, the only "bag" they saw was the bag of things that was left from their office in Cognito getting tossed out after they were terminated.

Judge Judy then banged her mallet on the podium, regaining everyone's attention. "Alright everyone. Intermission. And when we come back, we'll hear the clients sides of their stories..." she bashed her mallet one last time before everyone started flooding out of the court room. "This can't get any less worse..."