Chapter 5 - House of Black

Start from the beginning

Before closing the door Sirius stuck his head back inside and jeered "Beat that lil' bro?" Turning back to us he said smiling " And now you met my Slytherin obsessed loser of a little brother"

We laughed, Reg's expression was priceless when he failed at the spell.

This time we stopped in front of the other door. This door was, like I suspected, marked 'Sirius' no fancy script or a million names simple and easy 'Sirius'

"And this lady and gentleman is" Sirius stopped for a dramatic effect "M-"

"Drama queen!" someone screamed from down the hall, who I suspected was Reg. I snickered, shrugging James' arm from my shoulders.

"Thank you" said Sirius smirking looking behind my shoulder at his brother, who snorted in indignation and retreated into is room "As I was saying, welcome to my, drum roll please" he waited for a moment taking a deep breath " MY ROOM!" he bellowed throwing the door open.

In the last room everything was green with touches of silver this room was a burst of red, golden and lions. Sirius grinned at us and James gasped "Seriously Sirius, you wanna be Gryffindor?" He asked giving Sirius the weird man hug thing. Wait, what about my surname?

"What about Gryffindor?" I asked intrigued.

"She's not a witch at birth?" Sirius asked shocked, his eyes bulging out of their sockets.

"We don't know" whispered James looking at Sirius.

Sirius frowned darkly "Damn... Why didn't my mother scream her guts out for bringing a mudblood?" he asked more to himself.

"Dude what the hell I thought you didn't care weather she was a witch!" James boomed, while I tried to find a hole which I could fall into.

"I don't. My family does!"

"Well than what's the problem? Can't we just not tell them?" Stated James furrowing his eyebrows. I was getting annoyed now, haven't they discussed this before?

"Haven't you talked about this?" I snapped making their heads turn towards me, a blush crept on my face as Sirius stared into my eyes.

"No..." James dropped his head looking away guiltily, me and Sirius glared at him "Oh come on! It's going to be awesome and fun!" He said trying to make us see the 'fun' about this situation, because to me it sounded like the Blacks didn't like people that weren't full witches or wizards and I get this feeling that maybe, just maybe they would kill me to be sure I'm out of the way.

"James seriously were is the fun in that?" Sirius voiced my thoughts dropping on the bed looking at his lion clad ceiling "You want her killed?" He asked bluntly.

"No!" both of us snapped.

"What's the deal with lying?" asked James furrowing a black eyebrow at his friend.

"We can try..." Sirius sighed sitting up.

We stayed in silence for a few seconds staring at each other until it got awkward.

"Ummm, so what's the deal with Gryffindor?" I asked trying to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Well it's a house in Hogwarts. You know what Hogwarts is right?" Sirius explained, I nodded, he sighed in evident relief.

"So now that that's clear can we do something?' asked James impatiently

"Wanna hang out ere for a bit? Sirius asked, the feeling of not belonging came back again.

"I'll downstairs" When they gave me a weird look I added "To unpack" I said snorting at their expressions before opening the door of this safe haven, poking my head back in I said "James don't forget to write the letter to your mom!"

**********************************************************

"Hey Mom, Dad

Me and Rose are all settled the place is nice and cosy and Sirius' family greeted us with open arms. They are really nice and they couldn't give us a better welcome. Muffins! Yeah His mum baked them for us and I swear they were amazing!

For now we are going to sleep and tomorrow we are going to explore the house!

Love

James" I read the whole letter, my words dripping with sarcasm "James! Why are you lieing to your parents?"

"I don't want to worry them!" he spat back.

"Well, don't you think that maybe they wouldn't want us to be in danger? What if these people kill us? I have a feeling they would without a blink of an eye!"

"Sirius would never harm us!"

"Sirius might not but his mom wasn't the friendliest person on earth! And she most definitely didn't bake MUFFINS! I'm starving here!"

And so we went we argued for a long time. Nocturne after twenty minutes of our argument flew off James' shoulder and went to nibble on a dead mouse. We argued for I don't now how long but at the end of it my voice was raspy from all the shouting.

"Fine send that letter! But" I put emphasis on 'but' "If something happens to me or you we are sending a letter straight away!"

"Fine" James grumbled, stalking to where Nocturne was watching us broodingly.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Also I've had a question of how old they are. Well Sirius, Rose and James are 11 while Reg is 9!