Brother, Brother

Michael gazed out his window in a rare deathly silence. He couldn't believe how blind he had been to his brother's plight. Not to mention for so long. Lucifer had come to him for help many times. And he had dismissed every request for help. Of course, he had turned. Nobody had listened. Michael didn't blame his brother anymore. But it was far too late. The damage their father had caused had been done. There was no going back after being disowned by God himself. But that was no excuse. Although Michael couldn't avenge his brother, there were other ways. And it all started with gathering intel. Since childhood, there was one wing of the castle that the boys were forbidden from entering. Naturally, Michael had listened. Likewise, Lucifer had tried to sneak in several times. One of said times, he had succeeded and seen a glimpse of what their father had done years ago. Now, Michael wondered. The wing was still closed off. But he knew how to get in. It was time for an investigation.

Down below, Lucifer was also wondering if things could have been different. If only someone, anyone, had listened. Suppose they had reached out to help him up. But no. He had been alone once it was clear that his father favored Michael because he obeyed orders. Despite Lucifer being the more powerful twin and rising through the angelic ranks faster, it didn't matter. However, there had been some acknowledgment of his becoming a Seraph. But it hadn't lasted long. Lucifer had still been cast out. And for what? Speaking the truth. For standing up instead of bowing down. He didn't care anymore. He had freed himself from it all. Lucifer both loved and hated his brother. He hated him for taking all of their father's attention, which was supposed to be equal. He loved him for the few times he had stood up for him when their father had been angry. But it was all in the past.