He looked down at his hands, they were blistered from todays fall. He sighed and closed his eyes just wanting to feel the breeze pass him by. That silence was quickly broken when he heard a familiar voice call out to him. It was Diluc and so he waved and walked over to him not saying a word though this time it looked like Diluc had something on his mind. Venti didn't know if he should or shouldn't ask him about it. He could tell even Diluc was hesitant so he lead Venti to a near by bench buying the both of them a drink. The silence was killing Venti so he tried to come up with anything to get something going but was interrupted.

" Diluc I-"

" So there's this one girl at school."

" Huh?"

"Donna, she's an upper classmate, met her because she's manager of the base ball team, she's got long hair and she's down to earth. Super girly. It's just...We're the complete opposite...And when you're with me you always seem like you want to be somewhere else. You laugh but it's like the nervous kind. Me and you we should be with those quiet types." Diluc said trying his best to explain.

" Diluc, I didn't..."

" It's not the end of the world or anything, we just didn't work out."

" I...I'm really sorry...I'm sorry Diluc...I'm sorry..." Venti's eyes became full of tears and his heart felt like it that was being torn apart.

" Hey, what's the big idea telling me ' sorry' over and over, I'm the one who's breaking up with you. Really though thank you. Thank you for being my boyfriend and all" Diluc said embracing Venti one last time before they went their separate ways. What was happening it was all going so fast even though it was just minutes...

He walked back to the school wandering aimlessly, he didn't know what he was looking for but didn't care at all. He stumbled upon the piano room Xiao was always in, this time there was no sign of him so he ventured in sitting at the piano's bench. He didn't understand it or Xiao. He pressed at the keys choosing randomly. It didn't sound anything like when Xiao or anyone else plays. Not even close.

" Hey, scoot over a bit. I've got to practice you know" Xiao said sitting on the bench next to Venti.

" I'm Scooting just hold your horses!" Venti yelled at him, a bit startled but he made room for Xiao.

" I thought I heard the piano making some weird sounds, mystery solved." Xiao Laughed.

" Excuse me Mozart" Venti rolled his eyes.

Xiao then played a song Venti's never heard him play but it made him feel...dreamlike. It matched the scenery around them, in the classroom at night with the moon being their only light. Though Venti was curious if Xiao had been told to come comfort him or if he came here on his own. So he turned the Xiao and asked, " Are you going to ask me about it"

" No, but I'm listening"

Venti held his breathe for split second before continuing to talk, letting his bottler emotions unwind. " I just...got dumped. This older boy that I had a crush on. Really handsome and a good guy at that. I guess it was like a package of that fancy ice cream, the kind you never buy because it's too expensive...the kind people go crazy about. The kind that's not my style...but he said he liked me and I was thrilled so I went for it...and now, it's over. The worst part is...I really hurt him. I'm such an idiot, how come I didn't know It wasn't from the heart." Venti broke down at the end, overwhelmed with guilt.

Some part of him still wished he didn't know, he'd give anything for life to go on the way it alway has but...time is moving forward for Aether and Xiao. Even when they couldn't see what was coming, even when they are afraid, they still go on. One step in front of the other, they find the courage to keep moving. Supporting each other, inspiring each other, working as a team. They're on their way and Venti's stuck, he was right about time stopping but the only one who got frozen was Venti.