✨ (🖤) High Score (FNAF 1 x Game Attendant!Reader) - PART ONE

Start from the beginning

You turned on your heel, eager to return to your mission. Heavy footsteps sounded behind you, nervous at first, then more confident as they caught up to you and kept your stride. "The Freddy game?" Bonnie asked, curious now. "I didn't know folks were still playin' that one! What happened?"

"Dunno," you shrugged, "Something about a weird minigame no one can beat. Apparently, it's barely functional and resets your progress in the actual game no matter what you do. I wanna find out what's causing it!"

"How ya gonna do that?"

"It could go one of two ways," you happily explained, "I could just play the game and find out for myself, or I could open up the cabinet and take a look around! One way or the other, I'll be able to tell if it's actually part of the game or not. If it's not, there's bound to be something physical that was attached somewhere inside." 

"So if the minigame isn't part of the actual game, you can take it out?" he asked, and you clicked your fingers with a grin. "Exactly! But if it is part of the game, and it's just poorly programmed, I can fix the code so people can actually play it!"

"That sounds like fun," Bonnie smiled softly, lifting his head in thought. "Can we play, too?"

"Play what?" a deep voice asked, and you and Bonnie turned to see Freddy and Chica approaching. Chica spotted you and quickly licked the pizza grease from her fingers, her beak smeared with pizza sauce. You made a face at the chicken, who giggled sheepishly at being caught finishing her snack.

"The Freddy game has a mystery minigame," Bonnie quietly cheered, and Freddy quirked a brow. He tilted his head slightly, looking between you and your purple companion, then to the game you had all finally reached. A model of his own face stared back from the sticker above the screen, glowing blue eyes peering out at the crowd of observers. 

"A mystery minigame?" he repeated, humming to himself in interest. "I believe I have heard something of the sort. Sounds interesting.... May we have a look?" 

"Sure, if you want," you smiled at the polite bear, setting down your toolbox on a nearby dining table. "I was gonna open 'er up first and see if there's anything I can pick at, though. I don't actually know how to reach it by playing."

"Ooh, ooh! I heard some waitresses talking about it earlier!" Chica chirped, bouncing on her heel. "Something about the second night? We can start there!"

"Chica, as much fun as it sounds, the Freddy game isn't the only one I have to fix," you tried to dissuade the chicken, though part of you felt disappointed in the logic as well. You'd been working from open to close all week, and you barely felt like your breaks meant anything. You were tired, but you still had much work to do. 

As if reading your thoughts, Chica bawked sadly at you. 

"I thought you didn't want to fix Foxy's Rope Swing?" Bonnie asked, and your serious face wavered. Chica perked up and Freddy broke into a smug grin as well, all eyes on you as you turned to your toolbox, pretending it was more interesting. "I mean... I don't," you muttered, "it's a pain in my rear."

From somewhere in the pizzeria, you heard a shout. "F__ ye, me game's a f__in' treasure!"

"You've been working hard all week, more than anyone else," Freddy pointed out gently, ignoring the indignant cry. "Why not give the technical work a break and play the game? I'm certain it will be worth your while either way."

You considered his words. He had a point-- you were tired from a long day of work, and you still had a long way to go. It would be easy-- and fun-- to give it a shot.