Chapter 10- You Had Me at Lasagna

Chapter 10—  You Had Me at Lasagna

                The night couldn't have been more interesting.

                All I wanted was just to get some lungful of fresh air to get away from the crazed party inside, but outside wasn't any better. Just when I thought I could have the rest of the night in peace, I suddenly heard a huge thud on one secluded corner. I even picked up a hint of bickering to go with it and what made it worse was that I knew whose voice it belonged.

                Mie Miyakawa.

                Wanting to find out what the ruckus was about, I hurriedly made my way to the noise. When I finally arrived at the scene in a parking lot, what I saw was totally unexpected in a way that it was probably out of my context to process what was going on.

                Or just basically out of context in Miya's case.

                To put simply, Miya was holding a baseball bat on one hand and held a bottle of vodka on the other. What made it more interesting was seeing her standing beside her ex's car. And as if that wasn't amusing enough, her ex, Richard, was there with her with a look of horror glued on his face.

                I spotted Greg on one corner with Camila, staring at the scene as if it was no big deal that Miya was about to go all berserk and most likely wreck the car for all its worth.

                "You two better start talking," I demanded and stared at them accusingly but all they gave me was a smirk curled on the corners of their lips. Miya's unending bickering could still be heard but my focus was fixed on these two suspects who were obviously behind all of this.

                "I kind of gave Miya a little to drink," Camila spoke, trying her best to sound innocent.

                "A little? You gave her a bottle of vodka Camie," I remarked. "And where did she even get the baseball bat?"

                I narrowed my eyes at Greg who had a smug look on his face.

                "I always knew baseball bats would go in handy one day," he simply stated still holding on to that mischievous grin.

                I was about to say something more, but a loud shattering of glass suddenly made my heart jump a little. When I turned back to where Miya was, my eyes landed on a more wrecked car. Richard even broke into fits of swear words of that I was honestly amused of.

                "I swear, Miya's going to hate the both of you in the morning," I stated as I continued to eye on the scene. Miya was going to lose all of her self-control and I was still debating whether I should be proud or concerned.

                "Oh don't even pretend you're not enjoying this," Greg countered back as he shook his head lightly, clearly enjoying the show ahead of him.

                "I would have enjoyed it better if Miya's wasn't intoxicated."

                "Yeah, that possibility would be a negative five in the scale of one to ten," Camila told me. "Miya would never think of doing this if she was sober."

                Miya continued to swing her bat at the car while Richard was trying to make her stop, but obviously he failed. Miya was probably going to hate me too because I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of the horror-struck Richard.