𝟎𝟑 | 𝑁𝑦𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑝ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑎...

Start from the beginning

Juliana begins her lengthy thought process, thinking about every letter and syllable of my sentence before replying in a prompt manner. "A little." a bead of concern forms in my brows, knitting together minimally, as my curiosity peaks as to what her underlying condition entails. "Order a head CT just to be on the safe side." a look of intense worry spreads across Juliana's chocolate-coloured face, a clear prediction that she has some kind of moderate to intense anxiety about the concept of hospitals, and my specific presence. Sensing this, I reply in a hope to install an amount of reassurance into that pretty little heart of hers, no interest in placing any kind of crack into it. "There's no need to be worried, Juliana. The CT just rules out any neurological damage caused due to your fall."

Despite my words at endeavouring encouragement, I however still notice a feel of discomfort lingering in the open aura around her worried body. I take the unused seat beside her thin bed, placing a comforting hand on the back of her minimally trembling left one, stilling the wobbling sensation of flesh in hope to I still security. "You're in my hospital, Juliana. There's no way I'm going to let anything happen to you under my care. That you can be sure of." my soothing feminine voice places a smile of relief and joy across her smooth skinned face, one that my tongue darts out to sweep over my pink apertures at, as if I'm licking honey from the sugary saccharine margins of them. "Thank you, Beatrix. Your reassurance means a lot to me."

After begrudgingly slowly detaching myself from Juliana's bedside, I traipse up to the nearest nurses station with her chart in hand, reading over the medical necessities before initiating a short conversation with the kind, young nurse situated behind in pale pink scrubs, tilting her head up as she notices my approach. "Schedule a head CT for Juliana Odom, as soon as possible." after I offer her the scribbled chart, I'm met with a customary smile of kindness as she confirms my request. "Right away, doctor."

As I turn on my professional heel, in no pace to dawdle, and my white coat swaying at my bodily movements, fastly heading for the hospital Gantry Area, I'm immediately stopped short by two of the hospitals most finest surgeons, who I am each frequently acquainted with on a daily basis, and I know exactly where the damned conversation we're about to have is headed, a road I'd much rather avoid all together. "I met her a few weeks ago. That's all."

The Chief of Surgery steps up, his concern enlightened by the prospect of me underperforming due to my relations with the patient. "Prez, do I need to take you off this case?" I hold in an eye roll, capturing it tightly within my being, as while I may co-own the hospital, it would be considered beyond rude to make such a gesture toward someone of such importance. Just because I'm dominant, doesn't necessarily mean I'm ill-mannered. "No, Chief. I'm perfectly capable of carrying out a head CT." Dr Webber intakes my hint knowingly, recognising in his mind that I'd never act under a third party influence medically, unless I was in a situation where I would deem it applicable. "I'm sure you can, Beatrix."

In an attempt to line out the tension in the air, I direct my attention toward Meredith, eager to rule out any more potential health problems. "Make sure to get a blood test to rule out appendicitis for her stomach pains, I want all basis' covered. " I'm unaware as to what underlying feelings Juliana has about the concept of hospitals and being in them, but I know for a damn fact that pigs will fly before I allow a patient to feel any sense of unsafety in my ER, known or not.

 " I'm unaware as to what underlying feelings Juliana has about the concept of hospitals and being in them, but I know for a damn fact that pigs will fly before I allow a patient to feel any sense of unsafety in my ER, known or not