47| The Night to Remember

Start from the beginning

I'd never done a school dance sober or completely drunk.

One shot, that's it. 

As we pulled into the parking lot I was almost immediately jumped on by Mick and Zane who tapped on the window aggressively.

Rolling it down I gave them both a look, they know better than to be banging on my window. 

“Two shots, take them quick and get inside. I think the principal is making his rounds.” Mick said, handing over the shots.

And for the first dance, I think ever, He sounded sober. I took the tiny bottles from him and handed one to Hazel. 

“To your first school dance princess.” I said with a smirk

Hazel laughed slightly. 

“To my first school dance.” 

God I wasnt a fan of fireball but Mick bought it so I couldn't complain. I threw both me and Hazel's empty bottles into the glove box before stepping out of the car. 

“The music is absolute ass but a lot of people are here.” Mick explained as we walked into the building.

I held Hazel close, with barely nothing on. She was freezing. Luckily as we walked into the gym the cold disappeared.

It was hot, it was loud, it was a school dance. 

A mob of teenagers dancing, jumping up and down shouting the words to the song currently playing. 

For me it was nothing new, but for Hazel…

She looked over at me almost asking. “Are you fucking kidding me?” with a half opened smile on her face.

“Hayden and some other seniors are already in the middle!” Zane shouted before stepping into the mob and disappearing.

“How the hell are we supposed to get in the middle?” Hazel shouted, her words loud enough so that I could hear her.

I held her in front of me, the back of her body pinned to the front of mine.

“I hold you tight and we push our way through.” I shouted back while pushing her slightly forward. 

Some people looked annoyed, some just moved, and some were too drunk to care but we made it to the middle.

Mick already had a girl grinding on him when we made it there, and Zane was well past sober. 

I held Hazel's hips as she started to dance jumping up and down with everyone else.

She fit in perfectly. Some girls grabbed her hand as they jumped and screamed the lyrics to each other. 

It was as if Hazel had been to a school dance before. I knew she hadn't, but she'd been to parties. 

As the music played I held Hazel tight, her against me was a drug, the way she moved to the songs made me grip her waist tight.

“You're looking a little pale Knight.” Mick said with a smirk on his face causing Hazel to laugh.

“He's a total lightweight Mick, that fire balls getting to him.” Hazel joked back her voice having to be loud to be heard over the noise.

“Oh shut up you two.” I said rolling my eyes 

Mick just smirked, ready to push my buttons as I was on edge with the way Hazel was moving against me.

“Hazel I heard they had cookies out in the hall, wanna go get one?” Mick asked, catching Hazel's attention.

“Cookies!” Hazel shouted and started to walk away.