Having established that, you cautiously lowered your gaze there where it had been minutes before, having arrived at the part of the story where...

'When I entered the room, I saw many things I didn't expect to see. (Y/N) (L/N), scared shitless. Sidney Prescott, dead on the floor. She must've been only just dead because her blood was still pouring out of the slit on her neck.

The maniacs responsible? I aimed my gun at the shitheads.

"I've got an ending for you. The reporter left for dead in the newsvan comes to, stumbles upon you two dipshits, finds the gun, fumbles your plan and saves the day."

Billy attempted to dash at me, but I held steady. I saw the boys, two teenagers of the ages seventeen and eighteen, eye each other knowingly.

"She can't get both of us," Loomis scoffed.

Stu Macher, his accomplice, shrugged. "Odds are she'll miss anyway."

In a mad rush, they both stormed me, heading straight at me. I pulled the trigger but nothing happened because I had been that dumb to leave the safety on.'

You could hear the blood course through your veins and your heart shatter. An unpleasant warmth coursed through you, overtaking you from head to toe.

Stu's anger seemed to melt away at your gradually paling face, but when he took one step forwards into your direction, Jed's suggestion made him freeze in his tracks.

"You may want to seek out a doctor."

Behind Stu, Billy's jaw clenched.

"Why would I ever fuckin' listen to you?" Stu argued back, brows pulling the scar on his forehead tight as if to emphasize his defiance.

"Silly me, I must have forgotten being observant isn't easy for everyone." Jed sighed, something you've never heard him do before. "Her heartbeat is increasing," he spoke lamely, as if speaking to a child he had no interest in being near. "Do you want her to get a cardiac arrest? Shock does things to a person."

For a long moment Stu looked like he was still going to refuse, but Jed added,
"If you have an ounce of concern for her well-being, you will find a doctor." His eyes met yours, and there was a spark concern in them.

Logic couldn't keep the lid on Stu's boiling and helpless frustration. "Why don't you go find a doc?" He quipped. "Billy 'n me can stay with her. We've known (Y/N) for way fuckin' longer than you have!"

Jed gave no immediate response, looking as if he didn't think the point was worth arguing with them. His eyes lifted to regard Billy and Stu with a blasé stare and firmed his lips into a tight line, features turning in an attempt to form a scowl, yet he held fast and prevented the expression in favor of not showing his impatience.

Then, he chuckled. It sounded almost mean, and suited the sly grin he gave them. "I don't think it to be a wise move to leave her alone with not one–" his eyes first met Stu's, "but two," then Billy's, "Nefarious murderers who deemed it fit to rip everyone she ever loved away from her. That wouldn't make sense of me to do, would it?" And just like that, the bomb was dropped, and your ex boyfriends' expressions darkened with all intensity of a summer storm.

It took your brain a moment to register the words, but when they did, you didn't recognize the sounds of disbelief that came out of your throat, your eyes blurring with wetness.