New Job

Bob Pov:

After getting fired and talking to Rick, I drive on home and pull up easily with no damages to the car, but as soon as I close the door I see the same kid sitting there on his little toy trike.

Bob: What're you waiting for?

Kid: I don't know. Something amazing, I guess.

Bob: (Sighs) Me too, kid.

I walk into the house completely depressed, and as I walk to my workroom I see Y/n standing outside the door.

Y/n: Something tells me you got fired, am I right Dad?

Bob: Don't say anything Y/n, please.

Y/n: Don't worry, Dad. I'm a lot of things, but a snitch is not one of 'em. But I would tell Mom before she finds out.

Bob: Thanks, and I'll think about it.

I then see the skateboard hanging over his shoulder.

Bob: Where you going?

Y/n: Just out with some friends, skatepark that's all.

Bob: Well, enjoy yourself then. And be careful.

Y/n: Sure.

As Y/n leaves, I get into the room and sit at the desk. I'm looking through everything and start to throw my old work supplies away, until I hear a loud noise coming from the trashbin.

(0:22 - 2:21)

(0:00 - 0:19)

Currently I'm sitting in the living room taking an airdryer to the books that got wet after the smoke alarms went off, and unknown to me, Helen's coming from behind me and places her hand on my shoulder.

Helen: You are one distracting guy.

Bob: Am I? I don't mean to be.

Helen: I know you miss being a hero and your job is frustrated. I just want you to know how much It means to me that you stay at it anyway.

Helen goes to walk off, but I see Y/n look at us and give me a look that says "tell her", which will be a little tricky.

Bob: Honey? About the job?

Helen: What?

Bob: Something's happened.

Helen: What?

Bob: The, uh...

Helen: What?

Bob: The company is sending me to, uh, a conference.

Helen: A conference?

Bob: Out of town. I'm just gonna be gone for a few days.

Y/n faceplants his head into his hand feeling betrayed by what I just did, and walks off to his room.

Helen: They've never sent you to a conference before...

I'm just getting ready for Helen's voice to rise after hearing this, until she says...

Helen: This is good, isn't it?

Bob: Yes.

Helen: You see? They're finally recognizing your talents. You're moving up.