𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒘𝒐

Start from the beginning

" Yes, miss (Y/n)." Nikki and Neil nodded, slightly looking down too. She smiled then turned at Max since he said nothing.

" Max ?" The boy kicked a small rock away then hesitantly looked up at her, seeing she was staring at him with a worried expression. " Yes (Y/n)." He mumbled under his breath.

" Great. Now Max, go show them their new tent. You and I are going to have a talk later.." Max nodded and walked away with his hands back in his pockets.

(Y/n) shake her head with a small sigh before jumping when she heard the sound of a guitar being smashed against a body. She turned around to see Gwen glaring at David with the broken guitar in her hands.

" Good thing, I already the first-aid kit.." She shake her head again before walking up to her friends with the kit.

*❥۞ - ۞❥*

" Okay, it's time to go to sleep. Go back to your tents." (Y/n) watched all the campers walk out the Mess Hall towards their tents. Then she noticed the boy in blue hoodie trying to leave too.

" Don't think I forgot about you Max. Bonfire, in 5 minutes. You better be there." She said without looking at him, she heard an irritated sigh as she left to check on the other campers.

~

Max saw the curly haired woman who was staring at the fire with a blank stare, completely zoned out.

" Come sit next to me, Max." (Y/n) patted beside her, still staring at the fire. Max hesitantly nodded and sit next to her, looking up at her neutral face.

" Usually I'd be really mad when a camper crashed a bus against a tree..but I'm not.." She slowly blinked, staring blankly at the fire. " You wanna know why ?"

Max stared up at her for a second before nodding, which she noticed in the corner of her eye.

" Because you reminds me of myself when I was your age.." She smiled before turning to him. She saw Max looking at her with a really confused expression.

" Really ?" " Yeah really.."

" I was send to a summer camp too. I hated it so much that I was going to make it everyone's problem !" She chuckled at the memories. Max grinned and shift to sit a little closer.

" Like you, I tried to drive the bus to get out of this nightmare of a camp. I really had no idea of what I was doing.." She smiled.
" But then..I hit a car and everything went black.." Her smile fell for a second.

" What happened ?" Max asked as he slightly leaned on her side. (Y/n) hummed as she gets her hand out of her pockets to run it through his black hair.

" I woke up with a thick shard of glass sunk into my forehead." Max loudly winced at the thought. She laughed as she wrapped her arm around him.

" You should have seen my face ! There was so much blood over the steering wheel that my counselor thought I died !!"

She laughed and unconsciously rubbed her forehead where she had the proof of the accident. " Got a huge scar from the surgery."

" Wait really !! Can I see it !?" Max's aquamarine eyes looked at her with stars, it made her smile warmly to see how cute he was being. (Y/n) nodded much the boy's delight.

It was alone moments like this that made Max like his counselor even more. (Y/n) have so much memories that she just like telling him.
It made Max realise that she wasn't always sweets and hugs, she did had bad times and isn't ashamed to share them.

She wasn't overwhelmingly happy like David was, just a sweet woman who didn't mind showing that she wasn't always in the best moods instead of putting an annoying smile like David does, his words of course.

Plus all those stories just made Max realise that they were both more alike than they seems.

She wrapped her arms around the small boy and tugged him over. Max didn't mind sliding over her thighs to sit on her lap, in fact he often let her hold him in her arms just not when the others are here..rather be alone to be affectionate.

The woman hummed as she slightly leaned over, she felt tiny hands brush away her fluffy bangs and smiled at the amazed gasp Max let out.

" Holy shit ! Did it hurt ? Were you sent to the hospital ? Did they stitch up the wound or did they just put a bandage on ? What happened to the bus ?-" (Y/n) chuckled at the excitement before catching a tiny hand in hers.

" Okay, okay, calm down. I'll tell you what happened !" Max shifted now sitting sideway on her lap, his black hair was tickling her neck as he leans his head on her shoulder, with one hand in his hoodie pocket and the other playing unconsciously with her fingers.

(Y/n) smiled and started telling her story, her chin resting on Max's black hair but she often turned her head to look at him directly.
She moved her position to sit criss-cross against the dirty ground with the small boy on her lap.

Even if they were sitting near a fire, Max couldn't help but curl in the counselor's arms.
He felt the heat of the fire near him but the sweet body warmth of the woman holding him tenderly in her arms was even better.

He felt relaxed, protected.. s a f e.

Soft snores interrupted the woman in her memory but she didn't mind.

Once again Max fell asleep while listening to one of her stories.

His head falling completely on her shoulder as she felt soft breaths on her collar bone. She smiled as she glanced at Max, the firelight illuminated his sleeping little face as he peacefully sleeps on her.

She tried to take her fingers away but Max frowned in his slumber and hold it closer to him. She gave a small sigh before giving a silent laugh.

This kid will have the death of her..he was way too cute !

" Goodnight sweetheart." (Y/n) pecked his forehead then slowly stood up, holding the small boy tightly as she walked toward the tents.

Unknown to her, Max smiled in his sleep at the affection and nuzzled her shoulder even more.