- How It's Gonna Work -

- Lukas's POV -

As I was told to keep moving forward, we stopped at the captain's door. This must be his 'cabin.' Johnson opened the door before shoving me inside, I nearly tripped as I tried to regain my balance.

"Jeez, couldn't these people be slightly more easy on me!?"

I thought to myself. I then noticed Posehn standing with his back facing towards us, he turned to face us both as he placed his hands behind his back. He looked down at the ropes that held my hands together, then looked towards the woman again.

"Cut his ropes." The woman looked at him in bewilderment, I certainly wasn't expecting his response either.

"But sir-"

"Now now, Johnson, we don't want our guest to feel all tense. Just allow him some freedom, besides, he can't really run away that easily anyway." He cut her off. He sounded strangely reassuring as he spoke.

Johnson scoffed as she pulled out a dagger and grabbed my hands, cutting the ropes off me. I rubbed my wrists as they were sore, I looked up to the woman once I heard her speak.

"Don't do anything stupid, I'm sure you know that the captain ain't gonna be so friendly when you do." She then left, closing the door behind her. Leaving me with the taller man as we both awkwardly stared at each other, before he gestured for me to come forward.

"Come now, take a seat."

Hesitantly, I obliged and stepped forward to the empty chair that sat in front of his desk. I soon sat down and watched Posehn approach his seat on the other side of the desk, he smiled at me before sitting down.

I don't know what game this man was playing with me, but I kept my guard up.

"So... From what I can understand, you ran away from your own kingdom in an attempt to escape, eh? I've heard from Lonia that you we're going to get married too. Was that your reason for leaving?"

I looked up to him when he asked, it took me a moment to gather my thoughts before answering back.

"We we're simply not interested in each other." He perked his head up at me, seemingly surprised that I actually spoke.

"Hmm, did you just decide not to address that matter to your father? Or... Did he just ignore you when you spoke to him?" He asked me, my eyes looked to him in confusion. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"What? Is it not true that you actually ran away because of your father's behavior?"

"How did you..."

"Oh don't be so surprised, Porter. It's easy to tell a 'dumbass' and an 'asshole' apart. I can easily tell that the old man is only acting nice to his people so that everyone loves him, does he not?"

I didn't answer him, I only looked to the ground. I heard him stand up and walk towards my side, I could feel his eyes just watching me as he walked behind me.

"You know... Your not the first prince to run away from their own kingdom, ever heard of Jesse Oswalt?" I looked back up to him as he placed a hand on the back of my seat.

"You mean the boy who was kidnapped long ago and rumored to have been killed or sold off as a slave by former pirates?" I answered him, he only snickered before replying.

"Well, that's what everyone still thinks if you were to ask about him, but that's not the case. I'm sure you might have recognized the man now as he was just standing in front of you a moment back."

I looked at him in surprise. That chestnut haired boy that was talking to this man a while back... Wasn't dead at all!?

"He ran away just like you, but for different reasons. He ran away because he couldn't handle the grieving of his father's death. You ran away because you wanted to be free from your father's rules. Both are similar cases revolving them, but not completely the same..."