Epic coming out to blonde man

Today was the day, she thought. Puff had been wanting to say something for months now. They'd tell Deejay, but the "Bitch got a Penis" incident deterred her, as she didn't fully know if that was a joke. And they knew Axel would be supportive, but Axel's also not the brightest. He couldn't keep a secret for the life of him, he'd probably tell everyone even if he meant no harm. But Puff knew one person, someone who could keep every secret in the world and was most certainly an Ally, that person being the band's keytarist, Benatar.

She had thought this over a span of almost a year, starting back in June. Puff had gone over to that pink haired lady's house, the girl Benatar swooned over for a while before just staying friends. She had a wide variety of dresses and girly outfits in her closet, which were in a slide open closet she kept open. Puff never really showed interest in anything like that, they assumed most dresses were like the ones women typically wore at red carpets and he never had the time to even think about it. Benatar and the lady had been talking about Pokémon cards or something like that, and Puff showed zero interest in their conversation, so she actually had a chance to be the quiet one for once. The outfits in the closet were soft, fuzzy sweaters and skirts, dresses too. These dresses were simple, sundresses and shirt dresses, and more flowy rather than the tight outfits the girls at bars would wear. And she wondered, even for a moment, what it'd be like..

But that led her to the current moment, having to come out to her friend as a trans woman. Which was probably one of the most stressful situations she'd been in recently. She's kept this secret so long, and yet she'd never gotten used to the constant reminders that everyone around thinks she's a cis, probably homophobic, man. But there she was, pathetically walking over to Benatar who was sitting on the couch shaking his leg, only wearing pants and a dress shirt. They sat on the opposite side to her friend and tried to steady her own breathing. The blonde had seemed to notice Puff's distress and tilted his head towards the other. "Is everything alright? You're shaking." Benatar speaks. Oh. Was it that obvious? Puff thinks. She wants to try and joke, say what she wants nonchalantly, but there was a deathly deep pit formed in her stomach. They felt nauseous. It was now or never.

"Yeah yeah, fuck uh, I'm fine. I just.." Puff starts but finds herself instinctively holding back. It's not exactly like she was ever honest about herself to others, she usually bottled that stuff up. But she continued. "Can I tell you something, a secret?"

Benatar nods slowly.

"I'm, like, how do you say this, a girl, a lady, a gal. You know?" The lead singer almost laughs at her own wording. She stared dead at the other desperately wanting a response.

"Okay." Benatar speaks.

Puff blinks and stares at the other, never feeling more gobsmacked by a single word in her life. Her anxiety only grew from there. Benatar's response wasn't negative but he seemed to be thinking about something.

"I understand, is there something else you'd like me to call you?"

And it was just in that moment that Puff let out a breath they didn't know they were holding. She felt almost like an astronaut coming back down to earth, or like she'd drank water after being deathly thirsty. "Just Puff, yeah, I haven't told anyone but I do prefer.." She trails off for a moment. "She/They pronouns."

The keytarist smiles before starting to unbutton his shirt from the top down. Before Puff can question this he already has the shirt thrown on the ground.

Puff stares at what she sees, awestruck. Immediately recognizing...

"Dude, are those top scars..?" Puff mumbles.

Benatar nods before chuckling. They both laughed at the coincidence. Puff had all their worries gone, even if it were just for that moment. She had hundreds of questions and she knew Benatar did too. But now, that wasn't important...