“You know it's still snowing and you choose to wear a crop top?” he asked sarcastically, this seemed to annoy the teenager.

“I would be careful who you're talking to Octavius.” she said in a sinister tone, as she wore a menacing smile. The hero's eyes widen in surprise, he surely did not expect her to know his secret identity.

“How– how do you know?!” he asks exclaiming. The teenager chuckled to themselves, “I know everyone's secret in this fucking town. ” she said in a bitter tone, before continuing “I know who the Explorer is, I know who you like. I also know who the Pharaoh is.”

Augustus becomes wary of what they just said, she knows who the Pharaoh is and this could definitely help him and the police force track him down and lock him up for good. But something bothered him, Augustus connected the dots and suspected that this person had some sort of powers. But something still made him think that there was more to this kid than her just having powers.

The brunette raises an eyebrow “What are you?” he asks, the teenager in front of him smiles sinisterly, “I don't know, you tell me.” she answered.

Just before Augustus knows it, her long pigtails come attacking him, it serves as a tail of a scorpion. The hero quickly dodges it, the teenager smirked and chuckled “Be careful hero, it may look like harmless pigtails but those actually work like a real scorpion's tail.”

Their pigtails moved again, trying to hit Augustus quickly, but the hero was quick to dodge them “We do not have to fight! Please!” the teenager furrowed their eyebrows and the pigtails quickly stopped attacking.

“What good is having powers if you don't even use them!” they exclaimed, as she summoned a giant hammer made out of shadow, just like how Augustus can summon weapons with the energy he has.

They come running towards the hero, hammer in their hands as she swings it and it hits the brunette, making him fly through the woods. Multiple trees were breaking as he kept flying through the woods.

After a few more moments, his body lays tirelessly in the middle of the woods on broken branches and twigs with snow falling down to cover him. The villainess suddenly appears, a large shadow opening like a flower to reveal them standing inside, a victorious smirk on their face as she stood with a hand on their hip.

“Y'know, everyone always thinks that you're a strong hero. But in reality, you're weak.” she laughed, the hero couldn't do anything but watch. His body felt weak again, even after a staying a few weeks at the hospital, it now felt like his efforts of trying to recover only failed.

The teenager walked closer to him, still smiling “I'm proud of myself to be honest, I managed to beat this city's hero on my first encounter.” they step closer and closer to him, then she stops as they stand Infront of the hero. Augustus groans in pain “You'll never get away with this...” he mumbles, she chuckles to herself.

“I already have.” she said, as the shadows eat them again and they descent to darkness.

The brunette stays there for a while, laying down the ground. He groans to himself “I should get up...this hurts like hell.”

––––

Cruz pinches the bridge of her nose as she exhaled a long and tired sigh, “Not another one..” she muttered. Augustus stands awkwardly in her new office, fidgeting with his cape that was kind of wet because of the snow.

Cruz pushed back the curly black hair that was coming loose from the ponytail she tied earlier. “Did she tell you about herself?” the cop asked, Augustus pauses to think for a minute, his face lights up with worry “Well not really, but I've seen what she can do.”

Octavius pauses, “That girl can travel using shadows, her hair can move quickly like a scorpion's tail, and she can summon weapons out of shadows. And I remember her saying that she knows everyone's secrets.”

“Ay putang ina...Lagot na tayong lahat..” Cruz said, cursing under her breath. Augustus furrows his eyebrows “We need to find that teenager and get her to tell us what she knows.” he said in a calm voice.

Cruz looks at him, her eyes filled with worry “Yeah... You're right. I'll tell the chief about this immediately.” the cop said, as she went out of her office, leaving Augustus there to look around.

“I like what she's done with the place.” he said to himself. Her office was decorated with pictures of herself and her brother, shelves with different books about criminology, the brunette rests his hand on the table in front of him. His eyes wander from the table to the window behind that was Infront of him.

There were blinds covering the window, but he sees pink eyes peeking at him from outside. His gaze meets the pink eyes and they stare at each other for a while until the hero blinks and the pair of pink eyes suddenly disappeared, leaving the brunette confused and frightened.

“To think that this town might get even more crazier..” he mumbles to himself, as he reaches for the door to follow after Cruz.

––––

Octavius walks home in the snow, wearing a jacket, a pair of gloves, a pair of jeans and some boots. He was very tired and his body felt like collapsing on the middle of the sidewalk, but he couldn't do that since his father was still expecting him to get home. He also needs to feed his cat.

He sighs to himself, “First a new villain who's a teenager..then pink eyes looking at me from the window blinds...what else?..”

The Italian continues walking, after a few minutes, he's suddenly getting dragged into an alleyway. “What the!–” before he could shout, someone covers his mouth, “Shhhh! Please don't shout, I need to talk to you!” a voice whispered behind him.

The brunette hesitates, before nodding in agreement. The person behind him lets go of their hand and Octavius turns around to look at them. Even though there wasn't much light in that alleyway, the Italian could see a teenager in bright steampunk goggles with pink lenses staring at him.

“Who are you?” he asked in a whisper. The teenager sighs “I'll tell you in a moment, but we need to move. She could be here listening to us.”

The teenager rummages through a– what Octavius could assume was a utility belt. They hand him a round device that he isn't familiar with, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “Put that on you and it'll make you disappear, trust me.” the younger person said, as they held Octavius’ arm tightly, before disappearing, leaving Octavius shocked.

The brunette puts the round device on his clothes and after a few seconds, he couldn't see his hands or the lower part of his body. “Oh wow I'm invisible.” he says in amazement.

“Yeah, cool right? Anyways, come on, I'll show you where we can talk safely.” the teenager said, gripping on the grown man's arm, leading him somewhere else.