epilogue part four

CHRIS'S POV

MONDAY EVENING

he sat in his office, staring at his watch and bouncing his knee up and down, waiting for it to strike 6. after what seemed like the most extended wait, it was time. he heard a knock as soon as it his 6.

"come in," he said loudly.

lana walked in looking as beautiful as ever. her hair was up in a ponytail with a few strands hanging over her eyes. she was dressed in a pretty little dress. it was so short that he felt a sharp wave of jealousy, knowing that people on the street would have seen her in it.

it had probably been the worst week of his life. he felt so distant from his girlfriend, lucie, ever since he had encountered lana again. he'd told lucie that lana was one of his students of course, that's what a good boyfriend would do. it hadn't gone down well. lucie knew that lana was his first love. the number of arguments that they had shared in a week was ridiculous.

"evening professor."

he grimaced internally. it was weird, someone who you used to share endless amounts of love with, calling you professor like she didn't even remember his first name.

"will you stop calling me that? you make it seem like i'm a complete stranger. you have peed on me before," he said with a small smile.

he saw her fighting back a smile, making him smile a bit more. "i was three years old, not a valid argument point."

then, the most out of pocket thing that he could possibly say came to mind. "i've fucked you in a bathroom then, do you prefer that?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

her reaction was priceless. he could hear her heart beating and could see her stumble slightly. her cheeks were now a vibrant shade of scarlet.

"anyways, do you mind if i take a look at the notes you've prepared for the essay tomorrow?" he asked, changing the subject as to not embarrass her.

she nodded, took her notes out of her bag, and handed them to him.

"please, sit," he said, gesturing to the chair opposite his desk. she nodded and sat down.

he looked down at her notes, reading them carefully. the only word for them was brilliant. the way she interpreted literature was astonishing, nothing like he'd ever seen before. he knew she was a bright kid but this was pure genius.

"these are very insightful. you've got an amazing mind lana," he said, smiling at her.

he got up and walked around his desk, sitting against the front of it, his knees nearly touching hers.

he could see her looking up at him with her big brown eyes as he read her notes, causing an annoying disturbance in his trousers. 

the hour went quickly. she was the perfect student, listening carefully to every word he said, making detailed notes on everything that he explained. as their lesson ended he got up and stood behind her, leaning over her shoulder to take a look at her notes, his cheek brushed hers as he leant over. she was so soft. so pure.

"good good good. you'll do excellent on this essay i imagine. i can't wait to read it," he said, pulling a reassuring hand on her shoulder. she looked up and smiled at him. "thank you."

that was probably the nicest interaction that they had shared all week.

"i'll let you get going then. same time next week?" he asked.

she nodded. "i'll see you tomorrow for the essay, you'll do absolutely incredible, darling."

darling.

that was something he hadn't said in a while. not even to lucie.

you've got a girlfriend, you've got a girlfriend, you've got a girlfriend.

"thank you," lana said, tucking a hair behind her ear and getting up to leave his office. she opened the door and gave him a small wave which he returned before closing the door.

as soon as she left he got up and angrily pushed all the paper off his desk before burying his head in his hands.

"fuck," he cursed under his breath.

he picked up his bag and left his office, making a beeline for the closest bar.

he arrived and sat at the bar. "a whiskey on the rocks please," he mumbled bar staff before putting his elbows on the bar and running his fingers through his hair.

how was he going to do this? he loved lucie. she was perfect, she gave him everything he wanted. she was his age so no controversy, she had a nice family and they had a dog together.

but lana. with her honey lips that were lilac soft. her sculpted figure which was twine-thin. her delicate ears framed a button nose. her enticing, brown eyes that gazed at him over her puffy, heart-shaped lips. her bouncy personality and sugary voice, which he adored. she was the most astonishing girl he'd ever met, easy to be around, fun to talk to. she was his girl. his. nobody else's.

his drink being placed in front of him snapped him back to reality. "cheers," he said, taking it and practically gulping it down.

it was going to be a long night.

"i'd like to open a tab."

A FEW HOURS LATER

he placed down his empty glass. he forgot how many he'd had, it seemed. like forever since he got his first drink.

all he could think about was lana.

he checked the time. 11 pm. he paid off his tab, not even bothering to check the bill, and walked out of the bar.

he knew he couldn't go home like this. he'd be lectured by lucie.

without thinking, he started to walk toward lana's apartment. he didn't give a shit if her dad was there. he needed her.

a/n

do i kill off the gf to make things easier