chapter eleven

SHE GROANED as she slowly opened her eyes the next morning. the morning sun was seeping through her curtains and she squeezed her eyes shut, grabbing her pillow and covering her face with it. she peeked out from under, looking over to where chris had been sleeping. he was gone. her heart sank. "prick." she mumbled, sitting up and groaning again. deep aches were running through her body making it almost impossible to move.

she slid off his shirt, putting on the one she had previously worn. she looked at herself in the mirror, snorting with laughter at the mess that was staring right back at her. she sorted herself out, brushing her hair and cleaning her teeth before spraying some perfume on her to hide the prominent smell of sex.

she dragged herself downstairs, flinching occasionally at the soreness of her legs. the smell of bacon hit her as a surprise as she entered the kitchen. chris was standing at the stove with his back turned, wearing a tight-fitting black top and grey sweatpants. she smiled, relieved that he hadn't done a chris, and left as soon as things got too intimate. "morning sweet girl, how'd you sleep?" he asked, looking over his shoulder and giving her a warm smile.

she quickly looked around her, making sure that her dad wasn't around. chris grinned at her. "it's monday, he'll be gone all day" he said, shaking the bacon off the frying pan and onto a plate. she sighed in relief. "good thanks." she mumbled, standing somewhat awkwardly in the door frame. "smells great in here."

"i'm just about done, why don't you take a seat at the table, darling?" he suggested as he turned off the hob. she nodded wearily, doing her best to keep a straight face as she walked stiffly over to the table, slowly lowering herself down into one of the chairs.

"you okay?" asked chris as he began dishing up plates for the two of them. she bit her lip, nodding through a fake smile. the last thing she wanted was for chris to know how sore she was, he would probably never lay a hand on her again.

"alright, here you go." he said, laying down two plates of a full english breakfast and taking a seat next to her. "right so i thought we could go on a walk, just the two of us, and take some food with us. we can have a nice picnic by the river." he said, starting to eat. she tucked in and nodded. "do you think maybe we could take the car?" she asked, through a stuffed mouth.

"you don't want to take a walk? it would be lovely in this weather, there's a nice breeze, and the sun is out. you'll love it." he said placing a hand on her thigh, a little too firmly, making her hiss in pain. he dropped his fork, concern flooding his face. "hey lana." he said, taking her shoulder and leaning in to look at her closer, worry written all over his face.

"i'm sorry you just startled me." she lied with a fake laugh, heart plummeting as she instantly realized that he could see straight through her. "come on hun what's up?" he asked, rubbing her thigh with his thumb gently.

"just a bit sore. you know, from last night." she said quietly. he let out a soft chuckle, allowing her to relax. "i'm sorry darling, i didn't know you were feeling unwell." he said apologetically, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "it's okay, just a little hard to move around that's all." she said, returning his kiss on the forehead and going back to her breakfast.

"okay so a change of plans, you're going to get tucked up on the sofa once you're done, i'll make you some coffee and we can watch those crappy reality tv show's that you love all day, and then when your dad gets home i'm going to drive you out to the river and we're going to watch look out for shooting stars. sound okay?" he asked, sounding almost like he was looking after a child while they're taking a day off school.

she nodded with a smile. "sounds perfect." she said, barely audible as her mouth was stuffed to the brim with food. "don't you have work?" she asked as she finally managed to swallow all her food. "took the day off. not going to waste the day with paperwork when i could be spending it with such a special girl." he said sweetly, brushing the underside of her chin lovingly.

this was a different side of him. a warm and caring side that she had never seen before. like they were actually in a relationship. although there was still an obvious power dynamic between the two of them, she somehow felt like his equal.

a/n

is it just me or do you prefer it before anything has actually properly happened with someone? like the subtle flirting and the excitement of it all?