Prologue

I should probably start from the beginning. The very beginning. Because if I don't start my story before I met the guys, you will probably be wondering why I keep talking about having a tail and living with turtles.

Hi. I'm Liz, Liz Gordon. My actual name's Elizabeth, but don't call me that, alright? It sounds like I should be the queen of England or something. I live in New York City, and before the invasion, I was completely oblivious to mutants and aliens and ninjas.

Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself. See, there's this whole group of evil ninjas called the Foot Clan. They're ruled by the Shredder, the arch nemesis of Master Splinter and the Turtles. But I'll get to the arch nemesis part later. This clan discovered an alien race, the Kraang, whose soul purpose on Earth was to morph the planet into another dimension that they could live on. The mutagen they planned to use didn't work right... Something about the laws of physics being different here... I don't really know the details, but they had to experiment on innocent, unknowing people to get it to work correctly. That's where the Foot Clan comes in. They wanted total world domination as well, so Shredder made a pact with them, and then he wanted a mutant army, so even more people got mutated into half-animal half-humans, and...

Slow down, Liz.

I know, Leo. Just... it's kinda hard...

It'll be okay. Just tell them from the beginning.

...Okay. It all started back when the Kraang tried to take over... the second time. My mom and I, we lived in a tiny apartment near the outskirts of the city. We managed to survive the first alien invasion without getting hurt... but we weren't so lucky the second time...