"Y/n... It feels like someone is watching..." Nana told Y/n as they were travelling through the dark woods, the crunching of leaves could be heard from every step and occasionally a "hoot" came from among the tall trees.

"Y/n..." Nana held Y/n back from taking another step. "Look... the ground."

Confused, Y/n shifted her attention to the forest floor. Slowly from behind them, a layer of ice and frost start to coat the ground of leaves and dirt. Y/n's heart dropped, as she felt the chills of sheer coldness from her back.

"Upper moon 2..."

"Ara ara, long time no see Y/n. Kokushibo-dono kept you hidden pretty well!" Douma teased with a menacing grin. "Who do you have there behind you?"

"Me- I-" Y/n's eyes widened in shock when she realised who Douma was referring to, she quickly turned around to face her only to find out that she had disappeared.

"Protecting a puny little human... " Douma mocked while gliding a finger down Nana's cheeks as he held her in a chokehold. "...when you should be protecting yourself!"

Y/n was unsure why the name "Kokushibo'' was mentioned by the demon, nor did she know why he would be involved in any way. Seeing Nana in danger, she started to panic. She knew that after months of rehab, she had not trained and her skills had become dull like a useless blade.

But she can't just stand there and watch as her caretaker dies before her. "Let go of her." Y/n commanded.

"Hehehe! Why would I?" Douma joked with a menacing grin.

Y/n stood her ground and threw aside all her belongings. "Let her go!" She ran forward with all her might, her hands stretched out to try and reach for Nana, but just as she was inches away from them, she heard a single strum of the biwa.

Brāng (yeah idk.)

She noticed that her surroundings had changed almost instantly, the two that were once before her had disappeared and she was dashing towards a sudden drop in an odd place. She gasped as she managed to stop herself from falling headfirst into the unknown depths. Y/n carefully analysed her surroundings, she was in some sort of fortress with confusing architecture and dim lighting that she had never seen before. What makes this place even more terrifying was the smell, it reeked of demons.

Y/n had figured out what this place is.

"Welcome to the infinity castle, young missy. Isn't it beautiful here? If you become a demon, you can come here often, you know?" Came a voice from directly above her.

Y/n looked up slowly to see Nana still in Douma's grasp.

"Y-y/n..." Nana whimpered as the grip around her neck tightened, a tear rolled from her eyes down her forehead due to being flipped from gravity.

Y/n has no idea how Douma was able to do this, it's like he had the command of gravity in this weird realm. Their hair had not flipped and their clothes looked normal, it's as though Douma let that tear fall down to Y/n on purpose.

"Douma! What do you want! If you want to eat me then let her go! Take me instead, she is innocent! Let her go!" Y/n yelled but was held back as she choked on her own tears. She had not realised that she was crying.

"Sure!" Douma grinned like an angel. "I can let her go, but..."

"B-but? H-HEY!"

Gore starts.

"AA-EAUGH" Nana yelped in agony as her blood vessels and flesh were being ripped out of her neck so gruesomely from Douma's own hands. She struggled hard, her nails dug into Douma's arms in an attempt to free herself from his grip but as more blood was lost and more nerves destroyed, she slowly became weaker and helpless.

Nana's screams rang in Y/n's ear while she watched in horror, Douma was a complete monster as he shredded Nana's neck to the bone with a pale and emotionless expression.

Y/n could feel the warm blood pouring and dripping onto her face and clothes, covering her completely in red.

The metallic smell, the frightening screams, the terror, it is all real.

Y/n was speechless, unable to move yet she could hear her own heart pounding so rapidly. "What the fuck, What the fuck...why...?!" Her only thoughts.

A loud snap was heard as Douma broke the bone from lifeless Nana's neck. Chunks of flesh and Nana's head fell several feet down towards Y/n, into her arms.

She caught it, she caught her head, and she looked directly at her.

"Y-Y/n" Her head spoke for the last time.

Her bloody head slowly became pale as her eyes froze wide open in time, there was blood everywhere, her eyes, her ears, her mouth, her whole face, her whole head, it was on Y/n too, there was a pool of blood on the floor too.

Douma loved the view.

"Keep your eyes on me, young lady, the show has not ended~" Douma said in a Sing-song voice.

Moments later, the headless body of Nana exploded, causing more of her guts, body parts and more blood to fall on y/n. Y/n could see the stomach, the intestines, the kidney.... A toe... A small glint of Nana's favourite ring still on a severed finger, all in shreds and pieces, falling down from the "ceiling" like a bloody shower.

Y/n could immediately smell the pungent smell of iron and stomach fluids, stinging her nose.

After all the organs and blood splat on the floor around her, she shifted her attention to the final beating moments of Nana's heart. She could hear the heart slow down and weaken until it finally laid still in the pool of crimson.

"Hehehe..." a series of heartless giggling escaped from Douma as he stepped towards the heart and picked it up.

With the now cold, lifeless heart in his palm, he held it right in front of y/n's face. "Boom~!"

"SPLAT!" The heart was crushed before her eyes.

Y/n could not believe it. Her body couldn't move. She just witnessed someone she treasured dearly die before her. Yet her helpless self was unable to do anything useful to help save her. She was just a human, she was innocent.

.

.

.

.

a/n: Do you guys know the 5 stages of grief? denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. but Y/n would like to add one more...

.

.

.

.

.

"Revenge."

.

.

.

.

.

Y/n was furious. All she could see was red. Steam fueled out of her body, her eyes were bloodshot and her muscles grew tighter.

.

.

.

"I'll make sure you bleed and suffer twice as much when I kill you, Douma. I will spread your guts out on a board and let the sun bake the heartless soul out of you."

e/n: Sorry it took us so long to get a chapter out 😞😞 I've been busy with school and couldn't edit this chapter 😞 future chapters might take some time so do be patient with us! Thanks for the 18k reads on this book! :D