Just as he finished his sentence the screen lit up behind him showing two graphs on either side. Six empty boxes in pink on one side with six in blue on the other.

"Six girls have been selected to compete with each other as featured athletes and six boys have been chosen as well. Two boys and two girls with the highest OAA Physical Category scores from each year will represent their class in the Representative Challenge. These students will be required to compete with their older and younger peers in the fires of competition. Please make your way to the stage as you are called."

By now there were rumblings of chatter as the students couldn't contain themselves anymore. An action that wasn't unnoticed by Sasaki.

"Yes, yes! I'm sure all of you are very excited. Please feel free to cheer on the selected champions of your classes as they are called!"

"From Class 3-A Horikita Manabu."

3-A looked incredibly happy with the fact that Manabu was their Featured Athlete. While they looked pleased they were respectful, clapping as that smirking bastard took to the stage and stood where the stage hand directed him as the media moved in to take pictures.

"From 3-B Natsume Maya, from 3-C Ichigo Asa and finally from 3-D Shikichi Musubi,"

I watched as each of the participants came from their seats up to the stage, speaking to the stagehands and standing in wait, all surprised but ready and happy to be selected. With Honami on my left and Kushida on my right, I chanced a glance over to Nagumo. Still seated next to Kushida while applauding with everyone else, I could already see that he was ready and waiting for his name to be called. He must have noticed me looking in his direction as he turned to look at me, the fire of his competitive spirit rolling in waves. I could already tell that this was what he was waiting for, a chance to compete with me in a public arena. It would be even better for him with the world watching.

Carefully calculating the current situation in mind, I already planned my course of action. This was all a charade, all of these students were pawns. This plan had Sasaki written all over it, this was him parading me in front of the public. The photos together, the loud admissions that we were close. All of it was for public perception, to show that I was in his pocket and to showcase all of the abilities that both he and his predecessors invested in.

"From 2-A Nagumo Miyabi."

He was out of his seat before the Prime Minister even finished saying his first name, confidently taking his place with his hands raised as what seemed like every Second Year student all stood in unison, yelling and shouting their support of him. He drank in the adulation like a glutton, smiling confidently as the reporters changed angles to take in the crowd of people as well in his shot.

"From 2-B Kiryuin Fuka,"

The girl who spoke to me outside the pool made her way to the stage confidently with grace as she smiled to herself. As she made her way up the steps and passed in my line of sight, she smiled and winked at me before turning in her spot. The entire time, I couldn't take my eyes off her as my thoughts came back to our conversation. Did she somehow know that this was coming to pass?

My reaction, however, caused adverse effects unintentionally. My calculating gaze and Kiryuin-senpai's wink didn't go unnoticed by Honami who tensed in the seat beside me as she ceased with her applause and her eyes turned cold.

I'll be paying for this later.

Despite the situation, I couldn't turn to Honami at all to reassure her in any fashion. This ordeal caused an even larger problem for both of us. I don't know what she knows or how much, but there was one thing that I was certain of; Honami wouldn't have any experience with how to act in this scenario. I was about to be the subject of many headaches. With the public eye on this event, I had to warn her. We could not be seen together by the cameras under any circumstances. I'd have to keep my distance from her completely until this event was over.