The Gagne Brothers (Prologue Chapter)

Start from the beginning

Jeremy: I don't either.

*Call noise*

Man (Through the comms): Hello? Can you hear me?

Jeremy: Loud and clear.

Jim: Loud and clear.

Man (Through the comms): Welcome aboard, agents. This is Louis Chang, Northeast Section Commander of the Division. You have been activated because Brooklyn has become dangerously unstable. ISAC has updated us with your progress. Proceed to the nearest safe house for your full equipment load-out.

Jeremy: Already marked on the map. See you around.

*Hang-up noise*

Jeremy: Let's go.

*The boys make their way to the nearest safe house*

~Safe House, Plymouth Rock~

*Call noise*

Chang (Through the comms): Agent, I've confirmed that your fellow agent Faye Lau has arrived here. Check in with her when you get inside.

Jeremy: Understood.

*Hang-up noise*

*The two boys go inside*

ISAC: Readings indicate this area is safe

Jim: I wish could find a bigger safe house.

Jeremy: We'll just have to deal with this one for now. Maybe, we'll find one in a different borough.

~Second Floor~

*The two boys find a woman dressed in Division gear talking to a JTF Lieutenant*

JTF Lieutenant: We're losing this whole neighborhood. Rioters are moving through, in force and headed this way.

Agent: *Points to a spot on a map* Put your people there. *Turns to the boys* I see someone else got the call. I'm Agent Faye Lau, Division. Activated same time as you. Part of the same time as you. Part of the second wave of us going in. *Shakes Jeremy's hand*

Jeremy: Jeremy Gagne. This here is my kid brother, James.

Jim: *Shakes Faye's hand* Please, call me "Jim".

Faye: I don't know what happened to the first wave, but unfortunately, there's still lots left for us to do. We don't have much intel. And we don't have the luxury of failure, not with Manhattan under lockdown and Brooklyn on the brink. People like me - and you - we're what's left to hold the line. With any luck, we'll have more to go on once we rendezvous with the Commander. More about the situation, about who's turning the streets into a war zone, anything that's gonna help us do what we're supposed to do. *Turns back to the table* Now, if you'll excuse me. Lieutenant.

Jeremy: *Turns to the Lieutenant* What do we have so far?

JTF Lieutenant: Officer Hazen and his team are handling situation reports. If you're looking for a hotspot, that's who you wanna talk to. *Opens a nearby door*

Jeremy: Alright. Thanks. *He and Jim leave*

*Hallway*

ISAC: Complete your activation at the terminal to enable Directive 51 operational status and equipment.

Jim: I feel like we've already been activated.

Jeremy: Patience, little bro. We just started. *Enters another room* Stuff like this takes time. Stopping whoever is turning New York into a war zone is only the first step in fixing the city.

*The boys approached a laptop on a table, where another guy sat*

Jeremy: Officer Hazen?

Martin: You can call me "Martin". No need to be too formal. *Notices their watches* You two Division?