⌠3⌡

august 3rd

'alright guys. we need to buy food, like food cans, pizzas, some things to drink' dina says. everyone is sitting on the sofas and dina is in the center. it feels like a meeting. 'there's no need to take two cars right? so, who wants to go?'

there's a silence because no one wants to spend a fifteen-minute drive with this heat.

'come on guys. i'll go but not alone!' dina sighs.

to be honest you really don't want to go. mel will obviously not go and owen takes advantage of it, saying he has to stay with her just in case something happens. dina squeezes jesse's hand, and he rolls his eyes. 'who's coming with us?' he says.

'why are you all acting like you are going to be tortured?' dina whines.

'because it is torture! see how hot it is under the sun right now. we are going to melt in the car'

'it's just fifteen minutes!'

'alright i'll go with you' ellie announces.

thank god, ellie sacrifices herself. you would have gone with them. but you are still on your period and you know how bad it would go with the heat. you would probably faint in the middle of the ride. ellie sighs and gets up, and she passes next to dina.

'thank you ellie' dina says. 'okay let's go. the earlier we go the earlier we be back'

it just takes them five minutes before they leave with one of the car. before that, all of you made a list of things to buy.

despite the heat, the weather is pretty good. and it even feels great to sit on the grass beneath the trees. owen, abby and lev don't waste anytime and jump in the lake. abby and owen look like kids. you see mel lying down on the ground without anything beneath her, which worries you a bit.

'are you okay?' you asks while you sit next to her.

'oh yeah i'm so good right now' she hums, her eyes closed while she rubs her belly.

you look at them being so excited in the lake before you lie down. 'so, how long you and owen have been together?' you ask, genuinely wondering.

'about five years. but it feels like forever' she answers before adding 'but in a good way! i never get bored when i'm with him'

'oh, i see'

'what about you?' she asks. 'i'm single' you simply say.

'oh really? how is that?'

you are not really looking for a relationship, not because you don't want one, but because you feel like you are incapable to fall in love. you had two relationships in the past, both were guys and ended after a few months. at first it was perfect. you felt loved, but then the more the time passed the more it felt like a waste of time. so each time you ended it, saying you were not ready to be in a realtionship yet, and that it was not the right time. months later, you tried to have sexfriends when you realized that you never really loved both of them. it was just to feel something. but there was nothing.

now you only take time for yourself, tired of being disappointed by your own emotions and feelings, and the high expectations you have. but hearing mel talking about how in love she is, how amazing owen is with her, it makes you jealous somehow. you don't want to admit it to yourself but you literally crave the kind of love that would make you feel so loved and worthy that you would melt. for now, you are just people watching the others living what you secretly dream of.

your phone suddenly vibrates against your thigh. you frown, wondering who would text you right now. you straighten up and take a look. a text from an unknown number appears on your screen.