⌠1⌡

august 1st

you finally go out of the car after a long six hours drive. it was quite difficult to breath in the car because of how hot the day is, and also because you were four where there was only enough place for three persons, including all the bags. the sun is so bright at the moment that you have to close your eyes for a second to get used to it.

you and your friends - who were actually more your friend's friends - drove to this house right in front of a lake. it was your friend's idea. dina is the kind of person to convince everyone to do something, she always finds the right words. so here you are with two huge bags, watching them stretching and taking pictures. the second car with 4 persons arrives right after yours.

you take a look at the outside. the land is vaste and beautiful. all this reminds you of a painting. there is green and blue everywhere. the heat makes you want to jump in the lake.

you don't know any of those people, and to be honest, you don't really care. you are not the kind of person to socialize with strangers easily. you mostly stay on your own because you are not comfortable being with people you don't know.

you keep your hands on your bags. you see jesse - the guy who was with you in the car - running to dina, to give her a hug and kiss her. actually, you only knew dina and jesse. dina was the girl you studied with, and also the one you spent free time with.

when you started going to college, you were most likely to stay with your highschool friends, or to be alone. you were alone for a time, like one month. and then, dina just showed up in front of you when you were studying in the college library. you can't ignore someone like her. she's unique.

you always had a way to describe people. to you, dina is a sunrise during summer. she is the birds singing early in the morning. she is also the music you listen when you feel lonely. that's what she represents for you. now both of you are so close that you are ready to accept to spend an entier month with her and her friends. friends you don't know.

'alright guys. you can put your stuffs in your room i guess' says dina when she stands right in front of the house's front door. 'just pick a room, 'cause i didn't plan who was supposed to take which room. but don't fight ok?'

everyone is grabbing their bags and heading to the door. what dina haven't said is that there are only four rooms and each have two beds, which means that you have to share your room with someone. your best choice is dina since she is your only friend, but she is definitely sharing her room with her boyfriend jesse. looking at everyone, you see that some duos are made already. there's another couple, owen and mel. you remember dina telling you about them, especially about mel's pregnancy. then there is a tall blond girl and a younger boy talking together. you can say that you are not going to share a room with any of them. 

which leaves you with your last and only choice, the girl dina always talks about but you never got the chance to meet. you have heard so much about her, it's like you already know her. the funny thing is that you have no idea what she looks like. dina never showed you any photo of her and when you tried to find her social accounts, your friend said that she is not a big fan of them. you could only imagine how she could look like. she seems kind, so she would be pretty with long hair, a beautiful smile and a clean skin. 

'hi, i'm abby' says a voice behind you. turning your head, you see the blond girl smiling at you. you smile back, a little shy and tell her your name. 'oh, i see, dina's friend! nice to meet you'

you watch her entering the house as well. before going in, you go back to the car when you realise you left your phone inside. you walk by the other car which seems a lot bigger and confortable than the one you spent hours in. you open the car's door and frown when you don't see your phone on the backseat. you squat, maybe the phone fell on the floor, but you don't see it at all.