"And the Dungeon Master is going to kick her ass," Eddie joked. I smirked and leaned closer to him.

"Do your worst," I dared.

---

I was a god.

I was an actual, literal god who had somehow convinced the goddess Margot Patterson to be my girlfriend.

Secret girlfriend. Shit.

I kept a hand on her at all times during the campaign – whether it was on her thigh, around her waist, or our hands locked together. The boys were constantly distracted by our interactions, and I couldn't help but feel smug. Margot Patterson might have to be my secret girlfriend in other spaces, but here, I could show her off and treat her how I wanted to treat her.

She looked over at me, tossing her hair that I loved playing with over her shoulder. I looped it around my fingers and stroked it, grinning when she shivered again. I loved that I knew the things that made her tick now. I tugged it softly, eliciting a grin from her.

We had finished the short campaign I had planned for a fun afternoon with Hellfire, and despite my promises, I had taken it easy on Margot. I had convinced her that no, she really was playing that well, and I was surprised. The boys were too distracted by the two of us to notice, and I could tell how happy it made her to think she was doing well.

Now, we were sitting around, listening to the younger boys talk about Lucas' basketball game. Margot shifted her chair so I could set my arm across her shoulders, and she could lean into me. She laced her hand with my other, and I pulled her to me so I could kiss her temple. Lucas turned to her.

"Margot, why don't you ever go to the games with your friends?" he asked. I bristled. I hated the idea of her going to a game – it meant one more space we had to sneak around. She shrugged.

"I really don't like basketball – I'd go for you, though," she replied, grinning at him. I beamed at her, now thrilled at the idea of her going to a game for Lucas. We would still have to sneak around. Shit.

Lucas grinned at her and went back to talking. She set her head on my shoulder, and I felt like a god again. I kissed the top of her head and sighed happily. I never wanted to leave the space of Hellfire if it meant we got to act like this.

"Alright, we're heading out," Gareth announced as he stood with Jeff. I nodded and pulled Margot up with me.

"Us, too," I replied. Margot waved at the boys.

"Thanks for letting me crash, guys!" she said sweetly. The boys sounded off in their goodbyes and we started to the front door together. I pulled her close to me and kissed her forehead, giddy at the fact that she was my girlfriend – secret or not, this was incredible.

"What are we going to do for the rest of the day?" Margot asked, looked up at me. I opened the door for her and grinned.

"I have an idea," I quipped, winking at her. She smiled back and we went to my van, giggling and leaning into each other. We piled in, and I started towards her house.

I parked when we arrived, out hands still linked and laced together. I kissed her quickly before getting our and helping her out. The two of us were still goofy, riding high from defining our relationship and the sleepover. She opened the front door and grinned at me.

"Mom and Dad – I'm home! I've got Eddie with me!" she called out.

"Hi, guys!" her dad called from his study. I pulled my boots off and started towards the study, thinking that we were going to say hi. She yanked me towards the stairs, giggling at the excitement that spread across my face. I stumbled up the stairs after her, my mind racing and heart pounding.

She pulled me into her bedroom and closed the door behind me. She was on me in a flash, her arms around my neck and kissing me hard. I pulled her tight to me, guiding her to her bed. I laid her back, kissing her deeply as she raked my back her her nails. I tried to hold back a grunt and felt her smile into my touch. I smiled back.

I was going to push my luck.

---

I was consumed by Eddie Munson – my thoughts, my brain, my body. I couldn't believe I could like someone this much or that I could feel as special as he made me feel.

Eddie was scratching my thigh, something I learned he loved to do because of how much he liked my legs. He nosed my chin up and I followed his unspoken order, lifting my head up as he moved down my neck.

I gripped onto him as he kissed my neck, his actions more feverish than he ever was before. He started nipping at it, making me gasp. I pulled him closer and felt him smile into me. I felt my stomach flip. My boyfriend knew how to drive me crazy. He fixated on a spot on my neck, driving me crazy. I clawed at his back and smiled as he grunted again. He bit at it, and I gasped again.

But then I realized what he was doing.

"Eddie, stop!" I snapped. He pulled off of me in a flash, his eyes wide.

"What? What's wrong?" he asked, panicked. I rolled off my bed, shooting to my vanity mirror and studied my neck. There it was.

Right in the crook of my neck, there was a small bruise forming, proof of a secret that wasn't supposed to be there. I turned to Eddie, glaring. I pointed at my neck and his face flushed.

"Eddie, I told you no hickeys!" I hissed. His face became crimson, and he looked at his hands, bashful. I became angrier. "You did it on purpose?"

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to –"

"What? Mark me?"

He looked up and he was still embarrassed, but he shrugged.

"You gave me one!" he retorted, standing as well.

"So? I told you no hickeys and you did this on purpose! You know you can't do this," I snapped. His eyes filled with a sadness, and he set his hands on his hips.

"You know – you're supposed to be my girlfriend. Boyfriends give their girlfriends hickeys. Boyfriends hold their girlfriends' hands in public.," he said, his tone terse and angry.

I had never heard him like this before. He stepped towards me, his eyes narrowing. It was my turn to flush and be embarrassed.

"It's not fair that you make me feel like a criminal for being your boyfriend. Secret or not, it makes this all harder. Do you think I want to embarrass you?"

I shook my head. He was towering over me, fuming.

"Then why do you treat me like I do?"

I swallowed hard, not having a response. He scoffed and shook his head.

"I've got to go," he announced. I reached out to him, grasping at his arms.

"No, Eddie, please don't – I'm really sorry," I started. I was desperate for him to stay.

"Save it," he hissed, storming out of my room. I felt tears well in my eyes as I heard the front door slam. I laid on my bed, curling up with a pillow as the tears started falling.

I was such an idiot.