Backwards Driving

Sally Carrera: [Then the screen shows Sally and Pippa inside the Cozy Cone Motel. Shadows then appear moving on the wall. Sally and Pippa gasping and notices the shadows] Customers! [drives towards the door, turns on the neon lights, and notices a light saying "no" going off and coming back on, turns the lights off, turns the lights on again, but the "no" light was on before and turned off when the other lights turned on. Then we see Mater, McQueen and Maddie in the distance driving along the road.]

Tow Mater: Tomorrow night we can go look for the ghost light!

Lightning McQueen: We can't wait, Mater.

Tow Mater: Oh, yeah, I'm telling you! [As Mater talks, the screen shows Sally and Pippa, who notices them, sighs, grins and drives back into the building. Then the screen shows Mater, McQueen and Maddie again.] Oh, boy, you gotta admit that was fun!

Maddie McWilliams: Oh, Yeah Yeah.

Tow Mater: Well, we better get you two back to the impound lot.

Lightning McQueen: You know, actually, Sally's and Pippa's gonna let us stay at the motel.

Tow Mater: Aw. Getting cozy at the Cone, is we?

Maddie McWilliams: Oh, co-No, No, Are you kidding? Besides, she can't stand us. [McQueen and Maddie scoff] And we don't like her, to be honest.

Tow Mater: Yeah, you two probably right: "HEY, LOOK, THERE'S MISS SALLY!"

Lightning McQueen: [looking around] Where-Where?!

Tow Mater: [laughing] [McQueen and Maddie groan] You're in love with Miss Sally!

Lightning McQueen: [As our heroes are talking, Sally then turns to see them from inside the building.] No, I'm not.

Tow Mater: Yes, you do.

Lightning McQueen: No way.

Tow Mater: Way.

Lightning McQueen: Come on, look...

Tow Mater: [turns around and drives backwards] You're in love with Miss Sally! You're in love with Miss Sally!

Lightning McQueen: Okay, that's real mature Mater, real grown up.

Tow Mater: You love her! You love her, you love her! You love her, You love her, You love her!

Lightning McQueen: Wait... Alright, okay, Mater, Mater, Mater, no! [Mater laughs and noticing Mater driving backwards] Will you stop that?!

Tow Mater: Stop what?

Maddie McWilliams: The driving backwards stuff. It's creeping us out. You're gonna wreck on something.

Tow Mater: [stops moving] Wreck?! Shoot, I'm the world's best backwards driver! You two just watch this right here, lover boy and friend. [drives backwards with his lights on, drives towards one of the Cozy Cones]

Lightning McQueen: What are you doing?! Watch out, Look out! Mater?! [Mater then drives around the cone.] Mater! [Mater laughs as he drives around a few more cones] Mater! [Sally and Pippa watch as Mater drives around the building. Finally, Mater drives backwards onto the desert ground, stops, and starts spinning.] Hey, take it easy, Mater!

Tow Mater: [screams happily. Then Mater stops spinning, and drives backwards into the forest, laughing. Mater grunting and blubbering, and jumps high up into the air in front of the full orange Moon]

Maddie McWilliams: [Laughs] He's nuts!

Tow Mater: [driving back to McQueen and Maddie while still going backwards] No need to watch where I'm goin'! [jumps and turns around as he stops in front of McQueen and Maddie] Just need to know where I've been. [turns his lights off]

Lightning McQueen: Whoa, that was incredible! How'd you do that?

Tow Mater: Rear view mirrors. We'll get you two some, and I'll teach you two if you two want.

Maddie McWilliams: [chuckles] Yeah, maybe we'll use it in our big race. [drives along]

Tow Mater: What's so important about this race of both of yours, anyway?

Lightning McQueen and Maddie McWilliams: [stops moving, and turns around] It's not just a race. We're talking about the Piston Cup! We've been dreaming about it our whole life! I'll be the first rookie in history ever to win it or I'll be the first woman ever to win it. And when I do, we're talkin' big new sponsor, with private helicopters. No more medicated bumper ointment. No more rusty old cars or beauty cars.

Tow Mater: What's wrong with rusty old cars or beauty cars?

Maddie McWilliams: Well, we don't mean you, Mater or Pippa. We mean other old and beauty cars. You know? Not like you. We like you.

Tow Mater: Nah, it's okay, buddies. [to McQueen and Maddie] Hey, you two think maybe one day I can get a ride in one of them helicopters? I mean, I've always wanted to ride in one of them fancy helicopters.

Lightning McQueen: Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, sure.

Tow Mater: You two mean it?

Maddie McWilliams: Oh, yeah. Anything you say.

Tow Mater: I knew it. I knowed I made two good choices!

Lightning McQueen: In what?

Tow Mater: My best friends.

[Then McQueen and Maddie smile at this.]

Tow Mater: See you two tomorrow, buddies! [Mater then turns on his lights, swings his hook, and drives backwards around McQueen and Maddie back to his home. Mater singing as he drives backwards] McQueen and Sally parked beneath a tree, K-i-s somethin'-somethin'-somethin'-t!

Lightning McQueen: [McQueen laughs. Then he and Maddie drive toward the Cozy Cones, as McQueen and Maddie try to go backwards and looks behind.] Whoa, whoa, whoa. [We then see Sally and Pippa as they watch them both going to their Cozy Cones.] [looks around to find his cone] Number 1, number 1! [finds Cone number one] Oh, Number 1! [drives into the cone.]

Maddie McWilliams: [looks around to find her cone] Number 2, number 2! [finds Cone number two] Oh, Number 2! [drives into the cone.]