The Business Deal

Start from the beginning

Before any of the ducks could answer her she was already out the door.

Lena arched her brow. "Twenty bucks for what?"

"Coffee. Says she needs it for Scar's cage fights in the afternoon." Webby explained. "Although, now that I think about it, why hasn't her guardians ever got her out of the lion's shady business?"

"Probably because they don't know the Cape Suzzette law that very well, or got overruled in court." Huey tapped his beak thoughtfully.

Louie snapped his fingers."Maybe Uncle Scrooge can help her out? He's gotta know a few tricks up his sleeve to help persuade the court to get her out of Scar's cage fights."

"Maybe," Huey shrugged. "We'll have to talk to him about it when he gets back from his business meeting."

The ducks chittered about how they would convince their uncle to help their friend break out of Scar's business company. The dark lion was a force to be reckoned with, and was known to be quite cunning when it came down to the law. This would be a tricky one to solve. And they couldn't do it alone.

--

"Sir, there's someone here to see you."

"Yes, yes, let them in please," Shere Khan hung up on his employee. He had recently called over a few old friends of his to discuss some private topics. Mostly business matters, but it would benefit them all if they were able to cooperate and work together.

Scar was seated across from Shere Khan, folding his hands on the desk between them. "Are you certain we need this so-called doctor? I'm sure we can manage on our own. Besides, what skills or intel could he possibly have to offer?"

"Intel on your best fighter, actually. I've been keeping an eye on your gambling company and I must say, it's quite impressive. My work team has access to all the camera surveillance in the city, and I've seen the fights fought by that dark cheetah. Her fire could be of use to us both." The tiger leaned back in his chair, his tail swishing casually. "However, she won't trust us. We need someone who can lead her to us.....someone she could trust, and underestimate."

Scar's face lit up at that, and a smirk curled on his lips. "Oh, now I understand where you're getting at."

"Precisely."

A ring from the elevator chimed in the large office. The metal doors opened as their newest guest slithered inside of the room. His scaled hands folded neatly behind his back. Trying his absolute best to hide the nervous twitching of his tail.

"Kaa, so glad you could make it. Please, make yourself comfortable." Shere Khan gestured to the chair next to Scar. The python nodded, and did as told.

"Now, let's get on with it shall we? Mr. Scar, your best fighter is of a rare hybrid species of cheetah. And she is able to conjure pure fire organically from her own DNA?"

"That is true. She's been able to take on fighters who are several times her size. However, her power has its limits. She can get tired after a few hours, leaving her fire abilities weakened."

Shere Khan pulled out a few documents. Some indicated statistics and graphs measuring different sources of energy. "If I have your consent, I would like to form a bond between our businesses. You may use the girl as your best fighter while I'll strengthen her abilities. In exchange for me amplifying her powers for you, I get to use her power as an energy source for my business. Products, electricity lines, heat, gasoline, etc."

"You have my permission," Scar smiled. "Sounds like a fair exchange to me."

The anthropomorphic python cleared his throat. "Um, who are we talking about, exxxactly?"